Chapter 32

Evan's POV

"Evan, wake up!" I hear Crystal say and I flicker with my eyes. "You're gonna be late again if you don't wake up now."

"Yeah, I'm coming," I mutter and remove the covers from my body. I stand up and quickly go to the bathroom. I take a shower, brush my teeth and then go back towards my bedroom. I put a pair of jeans and a plain grey t-shirt on. I take my black hoodie from my chair and my black Vans and put that on also. I leave my room and go downstairs towards the kitchen. "You're finally awake," my mom says and I chuckle. "Had to finish my beauty sleep," I say and she chuckles. "Just be at school on time," she says. "Sure," I say, while taking an apple out of the fruit basket and leaving the kitchen. I go to the hall, opening the front door and leaving the house. I decide to ride my motorcycle to get to school faster. I arrive at school and park my motorcycle. I look at my phone and see that it's only ten past eight. I sigh in relief and go inside. I walk towards Nessa's locker and see her talking with Lora, who then walks away after a second. I walk behind Vanessa and put my arms around her waist from behind.

"Hey," I say, kissing her cheek. "Hey," she giggles. She turns around, now facing me. I keep holding her by the waist and she stands on the tip of her toes to connect our lips. "You came," she says against my lips and I chuckle.

"Yeah, almost overslept again though," I say and give her a quick peck on her lips. "You should really get an alarm clock," she chuckles. "Have one, but I'm kind of a snooze person," I say. "Thought so," she chuckles. I take her hand in mine and we walk towards my locker. "Do you wanna go out, later?" I ask her. "No, I can't. I have to work," she reminds me. "Yeah, true," I say. "But I only start at two, so maybe we can do something immediately after school?" she proposes. "Yeah, better than not seeing you all day," I say, smiling at her. "Okay," she smiles. The bell goes off and she gives me a kiss on my cheek. "I'll see you later," she says and I nod. She turns around and goes to her class. I take my books quickly out of my locker and go to my class also.

...

When classes are over for today, I wait for Vanessa at the parking lot. I see her coming towards me with a smile. "Hey," I say, giving her a quick peck on her lips. "Hey," she smiles. I hand her a helmet and she puts it on. "Hop on princess," I say and she chuckles. I sit down on my motorcycle and she does the same, putting her arms around my waist. I start the motor and leave the school. "Where are we going?" she asks me, hard for me to hear through the wind. "At my place," I reply. "Okay," she says. I take the next turn and drive into my neighborhood. I pull up to my house and get off the motor. I help Nessa get off also and remove the helmet from her head. I open the garage door and put the motor there. We enter the house and go towards the living room. We sit on the couch and she looks around. "Is there nobody home?" she asks me. "Ehm, no, my parents are working, but I think that Sandra is here," I tell her. "Who's Sandra?" she asks. "She is Crystal and Chloé's babysitter," I reply. "Oh," she says. "So your sisters are here too?"

"I guess," I say. "I'll check." I get up from the couch and go towards the hall, with Vanessa right behind me. We go upstairs and I open the door of my sisters' play room. I see Sandra cleaning up the toys from the ground, putting them in the box. "Hey Sandra," I greet her and she looks up at me. "Hey, Evan," she says, standing up. "Ehm, Vanessa, this is Sandra and Sandra this is Vanessa, my girlfriend," I introduce them to each other. "Nice to meet you," Sandra says with a smile, reaching her hand out and Vanessa shakes it. "Nice to meet you too," Nessa smiles back.

"Where are the girls?" I ask Sandra. "Oh, Crystal is at her ballet class and then she's going to a playdate with a friend from the ballet class. Your dad is picking her up later, so you don't have to worry about it. And Chloé is taking a nap in her room," she explains to me. "Oh, okay. Call me if you need me," I smile at her and she nods. "Sure," she says.