Chapter 29

He puts his arm around my shoulder and I nuzzle onto his chest. "What did you guys do yesterday?" he asks me. "Oh, Caitlyn helped me write my application for college," I tell him.

"Oh, and did it went well?" he asks. "Yeah, I was a little stressed out, but it was okay," I reply. "For which college did you apply?" he asks, now looking at me. "Stanford and Yale," I answer. He just nods and I remove my head from his chest, sitting up. 

"Have you already applied to any colleges?" I ask him. "No, not yet. I'm still hesitating between Stanford or USSA. My father studied at Stanford, there are a lot of sports scholarships and the courses I could follow. USSA isn't as good as Stanford, but there are also very great courses," he tells me. 

"USSA, that stands for United States Sports Academy, right?" I ask as realisation hits me. He just nods as a response. "Where is that?" I ask, still not sure where the school is situated. I heard of it before, but I don't know much about that school.

"In Daphne, Alabama," he says. Alabama? That is like 2300 miles away from California, where Stanford is. That's amazingly far. I turn my head and look at my window. "Oh," I whisper and he takes my chin, turning  my head so that I'm facing him again. "What's wrong?" he asks me.  Should I tell him? I mean we've been together for only two weeks, but I'm already worried if we're going to be so far away from each other. 

"That's just really far from Stanford," I simply say. "Yeah, I know," he says. 

"We have still a lot of time to think about it, you know," he tells me. "It's not like we have to choose now."

"Yeah, you're right. I just thought about it, that's all," I say, half smiling. "Just don't think about it for now," he says and I nod. I put my head back on his chest.

"What kind of music do you actually like?" he asks me, changing the subject. 

"I like you playing the guitar," I smirk at him. "No, that's not an option," he chuckles. "I mean like real artists."

"Well, I like Beyoncé a lot," I tell him. "She has really great music."

"I'm glad you're not into rock music and all that stuff," he says and I chuckle.

"You're not into that band that sings about underwear, right?" he asks me. "What?" I say, not understanding it. "That band, that season band," he says. "Oh, you mean 5 Seconds of Summer?" I ask and he nods. "Yeah, that could be it," he says and I chuckle. 

"No, I'm not into them. But their music isn't that bad," I tell him. "Their songs are catchy."

"We should go to a concert sometime," he says. "Of who? 5 Seconds Of Summer?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No, not them," he chuckles. "I mean Beyoncé."

"Do you like her too?" I ask. "I'm not a huge fan, but since you like her, I could go to a concert with you," he says and I smile. "That's sweet," I day and kiss him on his cheek.

"Do you wanna go down?" I ask him. "Is your father downstairs?" he asks me. "I don't know," I say. "Because it's kind of weird that I'm in your house and that he didn't saw me coming through the front door," he points out. "Right," I say.

"Well, that doesn't matter. I'll just say that you did come through the front door, but I opened before you could ring," I tell him, later realising that that sounded really stupid. "Or not." He chuckles and then stands up from the bed. "We'll find something," he says and I nod. I also get up and we go downstairs. We go towards the living room and my dad is nowhere to be seen. 

"I guess he's in his room then," I say and Evan shrugs. We sit on the couch next to each other and I turn on the TV. I zap through a few channels and when we find something interesting to watch, I put the remote on the coffee table. "Come here," he says, while putting me onto his lap. A giggle escapes from my mouth and he gives me a peck on my lips. I take advantage of his kiss to deepen it.