Chapter 5 - Ruby Slippers!

''Here's the boxes with the first crime scene evidence in.'' Brody said as he put the 3 boxes stacked on the table. When he put the boxes down, he ran his fingers through his smooth shiny tan brown hair, I'm not sure if it was to impress me but it defiantly did, I had to stop myself going week at the knees, my stomach had butterflies but I had to try and play it cool and not let him notice.
I've known him for not even 24 hours so I cant or shouldn't really let him notice, not quite yet. Sophie will know what to do!

"Let's get searching." I said to Brody.

We both started searching through the boxes, I took one box, Brody took one of the other boxes.

"There's not coffee cup in this box." I said to Brody.
"Or this one, there is one box left, let's take a look." I replied whilst taking the lid of the last box.
" there it is, the coffee cup." Brody said as picking up the evidence bag with the cup in.

"Lets go take it to Clark." I said to Brody.

We both walked over to the analyst room where Sargent detective Lawrence was.

"Hey Clark, we found the coffee cup." Brody said to him.

"Brilliant, I just had a gut feeling, and the prints came back on the other cup from the second victim. Victoria Adams prints were on the cup, so we know the cup was hers, now lets run the other cup to see what prints are on it." Clark replied

"Oh and this is Quinn Novak, she is our new analysis specialist." Clark continued.

"Nice to meet you Quinn, I hope you are feeling welcome here at Plymouth police department." I introduced myself as I put my hand out to her.

"Nice to meet you both too, and yes I am thank you." She answered as she shook my hand and then Brody's hand.
"It's late, I best get home and get some sleep, I haven't slept in ages... dammit, Sophie gave me a lift in this morning. Has anyone got a spare 20 minutes to give me a lift home." I asked, whilst staring into Brody's eyes, trying to hint at him to see if he would do it.

"I'll do it, since you two are waiting for the lab to get back to you, I've got time." Brody quickly answered.

Thank god!! I was hoping he would answer. I'll try a little flirting whilst in his car.
"Lets go then!" I said to him.
"Bye guys, I'll see you tomorrow." I said to Quinn and Clark.

———-

We both walked out the analysis room and into the elevator. As we was in the elevator, Brody stood very close to me, and was nudging me, messing around to see if I would react, all I did was smile like an Cheshire Cat. I don't know why but I can't help but smile when I'm around him. Obviously other men have made me smile but it seems different with him.
When we got to his car, he opened the passenger door for me to get in like a true gentleman, I didn't think he would do that.
"Thank you kind sure." I said smiling whilst getting in and putting my seat belt on.
"Do you mind if we make a quick stop before we drop you home?" Brody asked me as he put his seat belt on.
"Of course, where do you need to go?" I asked him with curiosity.
"To pick my brother up from work, oh and you will be shocked when you see him." He answered.

Ok. Now I'm definitely curious, why would i be shocked to see a normal guy? This is weird.

"So would you like to get coffee with me one time?" Brody asked me out of the blue whilst driving.
"Yeah sure, maybe tomorrow at lunch?" I asked him.
"Yeah that's perfect." He asked me whilst smiling to himself.

After about 5 more minutes drive, we stopped outside a club Called 'The cockpit!' I've heard of this place before, Im quite certain that this is a gay club.
Brody got on the phone to his brother. 'hey I'm outside..... ok see you in a second.'

"He will be out in a second, and yes my brother is gay, I always knew since he was like 10, our parents did not like it but I sort if opened there eyes a little and they came around. He is 20 years old. But he is a good kid, I couldn't ask for a better brother. " he said whilst he smiled to himself.
"That's lovely, the way you speak about him, I've got a brother, we are close, he is also a cop, but he is in the drug unit, he hopes to be a homicide detective one day." I answered him.
"Hopefully he will.... ahh here he is." He said slightly pointing to my side of the window. As I turned my head, I see this gorgeous looking woman, well I thought it was a woman. Oh my god! He was a drag queen!! He... well she was gorgeous! Beautiful big high platinum curly hair, stunning pink and purple eye make up, the contour was amazing and her lips was a beautiful cherry red colour! She was wearing a glamorous elegant purple gown, with a slit on the side! Also a white fluffy shoulder shaw that covers the top of her arms, and white block stiletto heel shoes! I couldn't stop Looking! He looks amazing!

"Wow!..." I blurted out.
"Told you, you would be shocked." Brody replied.
"He looks beautiful." I said as his brother was just opening the door.
"Hey Brody, who's your friend?" As he sat down in the back of the car.
"This is Detective Scarlett Diamond.... Scarlett this is Ashley Rock also known as Ruby Slippers!" Brody l answered.
"Nice to meet you, Ruby." I said turning my head so I could say hello.
"Nice to meet you too Detective." His voice was soft and gentle, nothing like Brody's voice.
"Please call me Scarlett." I said as I turned back round in my chair.
"So how was tonight then Ash?" Brody asked his brother as he started driving again.
"Yeah it was awesome, I did a few lip syncs, and did a few live songs!" He answered.
"What songs did you do?" I asked.
"The songs I lip-synced to was 'walking in Memphis' by 'Cher, 'Whatta man' by 'salt and pepper' and 'Cold hearted snake' by 'Paula Abdul' and the songs I sang were 'Dance with somebody' by 'Whitney Huston' obviously, 'all about the bass' by 'Meghan Trainor' and the last one was 'Valeria' by 'Amy Winehouse; Rest In Peace. that one is one of my favourites!" Ruby Slippers answered.
"I wanna come and watch you perform sometime! I'm guessing you watch Rupauls Drag Race?" I asked her/him.
"Of course! It's my favourite show!" He answered with excitement.
"Mine too! I always watch it! Especially before I go to sleep."
"Do you have a favourite?" I continued.
"I have a favourite." Brody suddenly answered.
"You watch Rupauls drag race?" I was shocked.
"Yes, he watches it all the time, we watch it together... and my favourite is Biance del rio!" Ruby answered.
"I love her! My all time favourite is Adore Delano!" I answered.
"Oh my god! She is Brody's  favourite also!" Ruby answered
"Well that's the first things we have in common!" Brody said putting his hand on my leg and smiling at me!

I can't believe he put his hand on my leg! I never expected him to do that! So me being me, I put my hand on his leg also.

"Yeah it is, maybe we should find some more things that we have in common." I said with flirtation in my soft girly voice.
"How about flirting! That's number two! Are you two forgetting I'm here, actually don't answer that!" Ruby sarcastically answered.
Me and Brody both started giggling.

Out of the blue my phone vibrated.