Chapter 15 - the mysterious owner!

Thank goodness for Ashley's alibi. It would have tore Brody apart if Ashley went to prison for this. I'm so glad that Brody stayed out of the investigation, because if he didn't, the the prosecutor would have got Ashley's alibi thrown out for interference. At least this way, Ashley's Alibi is credible.

"Ok. So now we know that Ashley is innocent, who do we look at now? I tell you one thing. We have to find the other owner of the club. My gut is saying that everything is going to lead back to this mystery man because it's the only thing that makes sense." I said to Clark and Sophie looking at our murder board.

"I was also thinking the same because why would he want to hind his identity? What does he want to hid?" Clark answered.

" I'll go back down to the body, see what else I can find, it's a long shot but it might find something. " Sophie said realising that we have come to a big stop in our investigation.

"Ok. Thanks Sophie. Did anything pop up in any of the employees finances when you looked?" I asked Clark.

"No, not anything out of the ordinary but I'm not a genius at that, let's go and ask Quinn if she can take a second look and spot something, we can't. "

We both walked to the analyst room. When we walked in, and saw  Quinn, looking at a CCTV tape.

"Hey, what you looking at? We both asked in unison.

"I realised that there were not cameras in the clubs alley, so I got a little creative and asked the jazz bar that is a few shops over from the club, and asked if I could look at there CCTV cameras, it was just a hunch."

"Wow that is creative, we actually just come in to you to see if you could get creative with the employees finances. Have you spotted anything on the footage?" I asked.

"Actually I have, I've just found it just before you walked in. So, about 2-3 minutes after the murder, a hooded figure, I'm guessing a man because of the build, walked past the jazz bar, but the only thing is that he doesn't turn his head so the only thing you can see if that he was wearing a black hoodie and navy blue jeans with some black trainers." She continued as she showed us the footage.

"Quinn that's great! It's a lot more than we got right now! Can you print out a screenshot of the guy in the footage, just to pin to the board." Clark asked.

"Sure thing. I've just got some of the employees financials up, which employee have you spoken to, I will check there's first." Quinn answered.

"We have spoken to a Jake Jones, he's a bartender and a drag queen at the club, he seems quite young though, I'm not sure he would be the other owner." I replied.

"Ok. Let's take a look..." she said as she got Mr Jones finances up."

"Well I've spotted something already, did Mr Jones mention that his family has money. I see here that his dad every month transfers £5,000 a month into his bank account. His dads name is Mr Francis Jones." She answered with a smile on her face.

"As in the Francis Jones." Clark answered.

"The one and only."

"As in the one that owns just about half the law firms on in the city?" I answered in shock.

"Yep, and you mean 75% of the law firms. If that is his dad, then why does he work in drag bar? Surely if his dad transfers £5,000 a month into his bank, he wouldn't technically need to work, he would have enough. " Nina asked.

"You have a great point. Why don't we ask Jake." Clark said.

"Yes, I would love to but his dad is Francis Jones, no way could we ask him to come down here without him asking for a lawyer. We need a reason for him to come down. " I answered, thinking of reasons for him to come to the station.