Chapter 11 - Death of a Drag Queen!

I'm already sat at my desk in the office with a hot cup of coffee and it's only 7:30am. I don't tend to get a lot of sleep if we have had big serial cases. I left to come here before Sophie even woke up. There are loads of reasons I did not sleep that well, let's see..1) the black rose killer got to me, 2) Brody is stuck in my head and 3) I couldn't help but think about Sophie's sister, Spencer.
That was something I was not expecting, Sophie never talks about her or talks about how she's feeling. I get that she has learnt to deal with it by herself but I'm here, she knows that.

"Hey what you doing here so early?" Clark said walking in with a takeaway coffee in his hand.

"I didn't sleep well last night, even being at Sophie's." I answered him, just a sipped my own coffee.

"One if those nights again? I get that."

" I really hope it's an easy day today, if not then that's a lot of caffeine for me."

"This is homicide your talking about Scarlett, it's never an easy day."
As Clark said that, Brody walked in.

"Morning everyone." He said as he sat in his chair at his desk.

"Morning Brody hows your morning going?" Clark asked him.

"Same thing, different day, Clark."

"If we do get a homicide today, I really hope it's not a serial homicidal maniac that kills just for fun. I can not cope with that today." I said as I walked over got her coffee machine and starting making a new coffee for the 4th time this morning.

As I was waiting for the kettle to boil,Brody's  phone starting ringing.

'Hey ash, what's up? Woah woah ash calm down I'll be right there. Don't do anything till I'm there!!'

"What's wrong? I asked him in panic.

"We've got to go, there's been a murder at The Cockpit Club."

"Isn't That where your bother works?" I asked as Brody and Clark but on there black coats, and I put on my navy blue fitted blazer, that matched my navy blue trousers.

"Yes...."

"I'll ring Sophie, tell her to meet us there." I said to them both.

'Meet us at the cockpit club on the Barbican, there's been a murder....oh and it's where Brody's  brother works.'

As soon as we got to the club,  Brody  parked the car as quick as he could by the back alley where Ashley and the body was and he ran straight over to Ashley; who was in drag and gave him a great big hug.
Ruby Slippers was wearing a black and white checkered leotard/swimsuit, which thigh high black boots and a crop light baby blue fluffy faux fur jacket. She was wearing a baby blue straight wig with that had a full fringe. Her makeup; as usual, matches her outfit, with blue, black and white colours. Ashley was crying and panicking with made her mascara run down her face, her eyeliner was barley there because of her tears.

"Ash, I am so sorry." I said walking up to him and giving him a tight hug. As I was hugging him, I could smell woman's perfume, it smelt like strawberries.

"Scarlett, please find out what happened to him." He said to me still crying.

"I will do all I can....are you ok to answer a couple questions that your brother and I ask?"

"Yeah..."

"Obviously you know him...could you tell me who he is and how old he is?"

"Noah, Noah Donavon, he is 29 years old. his drag name is Cherry Blossom, he owns half of the club."