Chapter 20 - popcorn!

"Hey jess. I had a day off today so thought I'd come say hi and talk like we use to."

"He's there!" Brody said.

"haven't seen you around here for a while, something must be up! What's going on Matty?, I know you didn't just come around for my red velvet cupcakes." Jessica asked him.

"Do you remember Spencer? Spencer Johnson, The girl I use to date but died??" He asked.

"Of course, I was there every time you cried afterwards." She said coldly.

"I had a phone call today from her old friend saying the case has reopened. Her family didn't know about me, what if they found out? What if they arrest me just because I was her secret boyfriend!"

I liked what he was doing. Pretending to be scared like he would get into trouble! Quite smart actually. Hopefully it draws Jessica in.

"Why are you worrying now? You didn't worry 8 years ago. What's changed? Said answered.

"8 years ago they were investigating it as a gang shooting, there not now, Spencer's friend told me they have analysed the cctv footage."

"What makes them think they will find something? If your not the one in the video then why you worrying? Jessica answered.

Jessica is being very blunt, she doesn't seem to be worrying much.

"They have better technology now then they did back then! 8 years ago wasn't that long but they have properly levelled up since then"

"Matty stop worrying, I'm sure they will find the girl in the video,here have a cupcake."

We've got her! That was quick!

"Jessica, I never said the person in the video was a girl?"

I started to here the panic in Matty's voice.

"What, of course you did! It's public knowledge that it's a girl? They figured that out 8 years ago." She said stalling.

"No, no they didn't Jess! The police have only just figured that out! What did you do Jess!" I could hear Matty getting more mad.

"Matty don't be so stupid! Your just panicking and finding things that aren't there!"

"No, no I'm not! The police were right! It was you!!!!"
"Wow! Wow! Jessica put that away you don't need to use that!! POPCORN! POPCORN!!"

"We've got to go now!" I said to Brody and Clark!

We all rush out of the car, running towards the shop, as we get there all we see if Jessica holding a gun and Matty standing with his hands in the air!

BANG! The gun goes off, the sound was so loud the windows shattered, showering the glass all over us! We all duck protecting ourselves.

Then I realise.
Why is there blood on my face?? Matty wasn't stood that close to me! If she shot Matty then why am I covered in blood?

I turn to my left and they he was! On the floor, Struggling to breath, blood was starting to pool underneath him.  Then I noticed the bullet in his chest! I fall down on my knees putting my hand on the wound to stop the bleeding but it's not working, blood is still pouring out! We need to get him to a hospital else he's not going to make it!            

To be continued.....