Chapter twelve

Pic of Enzo.

Rubin's pov

I feel drowsy as I wake and it takes me a couple of minutes to recollect what the heck is going on. As soon as I remember I'm in the hospital with not an ounce of cash to pay my bill I get planning. Shit the door is opening. I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I feel someone check my temperature and let me tell you I must be an amazing fucking actor because I act as if that thermometer didn't tickle the shit out of my ear.

Another person comes in as I feel the first person move away from me. How many people does it bloody take to check one person! "You can come in now he's awake" a male voice says disappointing me at my lack of acting skills. Dame! I thought I had them. I open one eye and smile cheekily at the nurse and he just bursts out laughing. "Your not that good" he laughs and I pout at him before sticking out my tongue.

Someone else laughs softly at this and all the merriment I felt leaves me in a rush. He's here. At my shocked look the nurse takes his leave sensing the immediate tension. "Hi, are you ok" he says in a kind almost caring voice. Is he taking the mickey right now.

"Why are you here? I'm fine, I feel perfect" starving and dehydrated but he's not going to hear that. "What did you come here- wait how did you even know I was here?" I ask as soon as I think of it. This is weird how did he know.

He looks sheepish and it's baffling. Where is the moody fucker that sprouted a load of horrible nonsense about me. The man who hated my guts on sight. The one who knew me on sight for that matter. There is something missing here because as much as I don't like to judge, this sexy, bad boy looking guy doesn't fit the type to be watching ballet competitions. He certainly doesn't fit the bill and if you know nothing of ballet then you really know nothing of me. I am world famous but on the circuit only.

"What really going on here. I don't know you but you seem to know me-" I get cut off by shriek. Then in a flash little Enzo is on top of me petting my head all over, fingers dancing through my hair and all across my face checking for injury's he won't find. I throw Bruin a look that tells him 'saved by the bell dickhead. I still want answers' he nods at me in understanding.

I hug Enzo to me because I'm just so relieved to see a friendly face for the first time in weeks. If I remove my face from his shoulder they will se the tears building. Can't give Mr grumpy pants the satisfaction of that. Fucker standing there looking all sexy in his tight white Tee Shirt. I feel a large hand run through my hair and tug slightly so I look to my right to see Markus standing there looking happy to see me. I let go of the lil guy and latch onto his huge frame instead.

Then I really cannot stop my stupid tears. I blame the hunger. I feel like this man is my shining light, he turned up just when I needed someone twice now. "Hi button. Where did you run off to, I was looking forward to being roomies. Also you promised my boyfriend you'd stick around, can't have you breaking promises now can we." He tells me in a kind, worried yet relieved tone, something I've never heard before. Unsurprising really with the parents I grew up with. It only sets me off worse. I feel like he really cares and I want to keep feeling it forever. Pip cares but she was the only one ever.

He just lets me cry for a while and hides me while I dry my eyes. And it just makes me more grateful toward him. I look up not meeting Bruins gaze and ask them how they've come to be here. Enzo goes to Bruins side, elbows him gently and tells me "this big lug sent out a picture looking for you across three states. We were so worried about you what have you been doing over here. Will you please come home with us I know you don't see any reason to we're strangers but we want to get to know you" again he elbows the man "all of us. Isn't that right Bru".

Bruin again looks sheepish and it's fucking annoying the life out of me. I go to shout out my anger when the most amazing sight I've ever seen in my life walks in the room. A nurse with a full tray of food, easy to say I shut the hell up then. As soon as she places the food down I eat like the starved man I am. I know this had to be one of the boys doing because it's not disgusting hospital food I'm consuming like a whale eating plankton, no it's real gourmet stuff. And it easies my anger more when I see how happy Bruin looks because I like it. This dude is confusing, ooh look profiteroles yum.