Chapter twenty eight

Markus pov

He's the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on but the sight of red rims around his eyes is breaking my heart. Luckily he is still asleep so I take my time to study him and think. I know how badly I messed up and I'll do anything to fix that but will he let me? I stroke my fingers lightly through his hair but stop frozen because he begins to stir. My heart literally jumped in my chest and a flash of butterflies assaulted my stomach in that one instant. It's like I want him to wake so we can talk but I don't want him to for the same reason. I don't want to face the hurt I caused him but I need him to know how sorry I am.

"Have you anything to say or are you going to stare at my hair all night?" Shit he's awake. And I'm here staring like a dope. I look into his big beautiful eyes and can't control my emotions as I see the hurt and pain I caused. "Oh Markus" he breaths out as he takes me into his embrace. I don't know what he saw on my face but it was enough for him to want to hold me.

"I'm so, so, sorry baby. What I said, what I did.... I'm just so sorry. I cracked in that moment and all my horrible insecurities ate at my logic. How could I believe that bullshit? I know you wouldn't do that to me or anyone else. Bru is sorry too but I'll let him tell you that. Can you ever forgive me baby?" I pour out in the most emotional voice I've ever used. He squeezes me to him tightly but then releases me. I pull back and wait.

"I love you but you hurt me so much. Do you think I'm a slut or whoore because from where Bruin found me?" He asks in a timid tone. The question is just words but the meaning behind them break my soul in two. I did this to him, I made him think these horrible things about himself. I'm a monster.

I take hold of his face and tell him "you are one of the most precious things on this planet. You deserve love, happiness, kindness and everything you desire. I can't believe that I made you feel that way. I know now that you'll never forgive me because I won't forgive myself for making you think so low of yourself. Just know that I will always and forever love you and only you. Know that I'll be sorry for the rest of my days and know that I realize what I've lost. You brought life to my world that I never thought I'd have and losing you will be my biggest regret in life. I hope you find someone who is not as stupid as I was. I love you baby, goodbye."

I get one long look at his stunned face before I get up to leave. My heart is breaking and I don't know how I will ever mend it. I open the hotel door just as he calls out "Markus".

As I go to turn around I feel a pinch on my neck. Suddenly I feel dizzy as all fuck and I can't seem to make my body move. I try to stay upright but gravity fails me as I slump against the open door. There's a man standing next to me with the most sadistic look on his face. Only my eyes move and I take in the frozen, horrified look on my loves face. I try with all my might to move, I just need to move a bit. I need to help him. I need to kill this fucker.

"Hello puppy. Time to get you home" the bastard sneers at my boy. And the struggle I'm having increases. 'Move baby, please move. Hit him with something. Grab the phone call someone. Please baby do something' I beg in my mind but he's literally frozen with fear. Helplessly I watch as this scumbag walks over to Enzo, punches him so hard that he blacks out, then throws him over his shoulder. The rage I feel is all consuming and I tell him with my eyes that he's a dead man.

"Cute" he laughs taunting me. "You won't get your stinking hands on my puppy again. If you come for him I'll just make him suffer more because of you. I own him and he will have fun re-learning that. Oh and next time watch your back you just never know who's following you. Bye-bye now" he taunts further. I will end this fucking bastard. Just as soon as I can fucking move that is.