Chapter twenty four

Enzo's pov

I can't breathe. My whole world is crashing down and I'm falling along with it. I've lost him forever. I don't register anything. Not one word or action gets through to my brain. I'm n a fog and all I can do is let my friend pull me along like a puppet. I don't feel the shower he washes me in, I feel no shame at his instance to wash me, dry me and put me to bed like a parent would their three year old. I'm back in the state I hate, the state of submission.

My eyes are crusty but it's my heart that hurts the most. I don't sleep I just stay in my fog induced state as I stare at the ceiling. How will I survive this? How can I live without him? Why does he think I'm such a bad person?

I know the answer to the last one for sure, because he thinks I'm nothing but a pathetic, disgusting whore. How could he not, after all they found me on a street corner ready to do whatever it takes. Who could blame the man. Nobody. And now because I am a disgusting piece of trash I've lost the only man I've ever loved.

Rubin's pov

Im worried, no I'm beyond that and I feel like I am failing my friend. I've tried everything to get through to him. I brought him to a hotel after calling a taxi to take us there, shirtless and all. I got lucky that my wallet was on the kitchen counter or else we would've left half naked and broke. Not the best idea for two fairly small men. I ignored the funny looks from the sassy bitch at reception and signed us in for the night.

I tried talking, I tried a cold shower, I tried food but the boy is frozen. The only voluntary movement of his body is the free flowing tears that I keep wiping for him. I just feel so useless. I don't have my phone but then, who would I call. Not my brute of a boyfriend and certainly not the fucker that is his. All I can do is hold him as we lie in bed and think.

Night turns to morning and I eventually get up. I'm stiff, tired and just fed up. Fucking Bruin and Markus. I need answers and I will do what I need to do to get them. So with this in mind I literally pull Enzo out of the bed. He flops on the floor and it finally stirs something in him, "What the fuck Rubin. Leave me alone, you fucking dick".

Good! Anger is better than the zombie I had been dealing with. "No. Fucking get to talking now" he starts to tear up yet again so I slap him. Not too hard but just enough to get his attention "listen to me now. I can't help you if you refuse to help yourself. Explain! Now!" He is shocked at the anger in my voice and actions but they are necessary. And it works he finally dries his tears and composes himself enough to start talking.

"After I saw... well you know what I saw. I got a phone call that I ignored because it was an unknown number. Straight after I got an abusive text telling me to answer so when it rang again, I did. I was confused as to who it could be and because it was so late at night. When I asked who it was he said it.... it was... James" he looks at me with such fear and dread that I am almost shaking in fear for him.

"James.." he takes a deep breathe before continuing "James is the one I told you about, my foster family's son. He's the one who stole all the money that they wanted to have me arrested for stealing" he stops but something doesn't add up. He is not worried, he's fucking scared.

I go to him and hold him in my arms "tell me Enzo, why are you this scared. I know it can't just be about the money" this breaks him and he's a sobbing mess, yet again. I don't try to stop his tears this time but he soon calms down. I can see him falling into his thoughts so I won't push but I have a hunch that this James dickhead has hurt my friend. If I'm right he's just delivered another low blow to his life by making my poor friend lose the love of his life. If I'm right I will end this bastard in any way I can.