Chapter twenty two

Rubin's pov

Shocked, stunned, heartbroken, pick a word and that's what I feel right now. The only thing is, the look on Enzo's face tells me what is happening here is not as black and white as it seems. "What the fuck did you just do to my best friend?". Bru all but roars at him. Poor kid is shaking in his boots and I can't blame him. Angry Bruin is not to be messed with. I'm further stunned and am rendered immobile as I watch him stalk toward the tiny boy, grab his arm and haul him toward the back door.

When I see the heart break and terror in my friends eyes I finally break free of my trance and run to them "get your fucking hands off him now!" I demand. The look that Bru sends my way almost has me loosing my resolve but I take a breath and face him head on. These fucking men are too stubborn for their own good and something doesn't add up here. I intend to find out what.

"You stay out of this, he hurt my brother and he won't spend another second in this house lying and scheming us. He hurt you too do you not care, are you too stupid to see that" I know he's hurt and angry so I'm trying to let his harsh words go but that doesn't mean they don't sting.

"Enzo is it true are you lying and scheming. Just tell me the truth" I ask and the hurt in my voice is noticeable to everyone in the room. He nods his head no but cannot verbally answer through his tears. "See let's listen to-" I try to get Bru to be rational but as usual he thinks emotionally rather than reasonably.

"Look I know you've been sheltered your whole life, princess but I know Markus and he wouldn't just throw this dipshit out for no reason so, no, I won't listen to what he has to say" now that fucking did more than sting. No that, after all the discussions we had about how fucked up my life really was, that fucking ripped. I can see the immediate regret and his whole demeanor changes.

I put my hand up to shut him up. Fuck him and his apology, he went too far and he knows it. I push his hand away from Enzo and we walk toward the door. "Please, I'm sorry. I lost you once, I can't lose you again. Please I am so, so sorry don't go" he literally begs. I turn to him and I know how bad he feels, it's pouring off him in waves but I can't be around him right now. Yes he's hurt me and yes he's sorry but this is not about us right now, this is Markus and Enzo's fight and we just got caught up in it.

I walk over to him and hug him, I can feel the relief he feels as he sags against me, "I'm so fucking angry with you right now" He tenses again "but this is not the time for us to fight. You better think long and hard about the way you lose that temper and spew words like that at me because, next time, I won't forgive you. Now I'm taking that poor boy away for the but I'll be back. You need to go stop the whirlwind that is your bestie before he breaks up the whole house. I'll see you soon".

I don't give him time to answer as I grab my wallet and leave with the sobbing mess that is my friend. Time to get to the bottom of this crap. Can we not have one fucking peaceful day.