Chapter thirteen

Bruins POV

He pounced on the food and I want to kiss the nurse that brought it in because she gave me an extra few minutes to get my head together. I shouldn't be this happy to see the little blonde beauty but I am. Enzo is gabbing away at him but it's obvious that he's only half interested as he packs the food away.

"You might want to slow down. When's the last time you ate properly, you'll get a stomach ache or worse you'll puke" I try to advise him. Woah! if looks could kill I'd be dancing with the demons in hell right now. Time to shut up Bru. My impact is not needed it seems and I hate to admit it, that hurts. My own fault but still. Markus bursts out laughing and starts pointing at me "aww look at that pout. You've upset him button" he giggles like a child. Dickhead.

"Tit for tat" is the smart ass in the beds reply. Guess I deserved that one. I just stand at the bottom of the room and let them at it. They are all so close already and I feel like an outsider. I know that Enzo is still just a little bit pissed at me for causing him to run and Rubins definitely pissed at me so I keep out of their reunion. I do notice that he has slowed down though which makes me hide a smile. He explains to the guys that he took the bus here and all that has been happening to him since he arrived. Next he tells them how the bite happened and I'm grateful to the older couple that helped him. That bite could've been faithful.

Guilt settles further in my stomach as he tells them how he couldn't find food so he had to steal and eat cold beans. How the fuck will I ever make it up to him. He's not used to the hard things in life and here he is living like a bum because of stupid remarks I made. The doctor enters almost as soon as he's finished eating and again I welcome the distraction. I don't want to hash things out in a small hospital room where anyone passing could hear us. I'd rather wait until we are home.

I zone back into the conversation just as the doc tells him he can leave. I'm waiting on a baited breath to see of he'll finally answer Enzo's question about coming home with us. We won't let him have any other choice really but it would be nice to hear that he wants to come. We thank the doc and he leaves, all eyes turn to Rubin. He flushes at the attention which I find odd since he's famous in the ballet world. He slightly peeks at me from under his lashes and my cock jumps at the shy look. Fuck he's a sexy little kitten. I can just imagine him under me flushed and panting.

A throat clears and it's only then do I realize the amount of sexual tension we are giving off. Now it's my turn to flush and pray that my hard on is not visible. This boy will be my undoing. "I want you to come home. I need to explain why I was such a prick. I have my reasons and they weren't your fault. Well they kinda where but not direct... look I'm not making sense. I'm really sorry for the things I said and did to upset you. If you just come home I'll explain to all of you so you can understand and stop hating me. Just please come home" I plead toward the end.

"I don't hate you, try as I might it won't be happening anytime soon. It was immature of me to run away like a spoilt brat so I have faults in this too. And I would love to go to your house for now. Thank you" he says starting right into my eyes with a sincere look. I smile and it makes the little beauty blush. Hum, someone might not be that hard to win over as I thought. Interesting. I don't comment on the fact that he said my house instead of home, for now.

It doesn't take long after that conversation to get him signed out. At the mention of the bill he pales and I have to have a small battle of wills to get him to shut up and accept the fact I'm paying it. "He'll pay me back" yeah right like I'm gonna accept one payment from him. Now's not the time so I just hum and nod satisfying him slightly.

The travel home doesn't take too long and I'm glad to see him nap for the short flight. I bring the Audi around to the hanger so he doesn't have to walk to the parking space further away. He's still very weak and actually allows Markus to help him down the steps of the plane and into the car. The closer we get to home the more my nerves frey but there's nothing for it now only to talk. Once we get in the house Enzo takes him upstairs and helps him shower. He wanted to go alone but Markus and I threatened to do it if he didn't allow the little guy to. That shut him up and put a cute pout on his lips. I could hear him ask Enzo about his relationship with Markus as they took the stairs. Let me tell you he'll be sorry he asked, the boy is smitten and loves to ramble on about my hunky friend.

I feel arms wrap around my waist as Mark lays his head on my shoulder "You ok bro?" He asks quietly. "Um" is all I have to say. We have no secrets so he knows how hard this is gonna be for me. I turn in his arms and he pecks my lips then hugs me to his chest. As always I take the comfort only he has and can ever give me. I've got him and he's got me, that's how it's always been and it will stay that way.

I hear the boys enter the living room so I remove myself from his arms. I take a deep breath and say "let's go see if he remembers Janet".