Chapter 2

I woke up, exhausted from not being able to sleep well last night. I dragged myself out of bed and went to the bathroom, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I grabbed my hairbrush and brushed my hair the best I could.

Alex came to the door of the bathroom, "It's about time to go."

"Ok." I answered, still sleepy. We went down stairs and got our breakfast then went out the door.

"So, did things go well with Jess yesterday?" Alex asked.

I completely forgot about that until now. "Oh, ya we made up and she wants to meet up again today." I answer. I then realized I completely forgot about that. I silently cursed myself for forgetting about Jess.

We finally got to school and the bell rang for first period. I walked to the class saying hi and waving at everyone who looked at me. I heard some people whispering about how perfect I was and I blushed a little. I sat down in class and the teacher came in and started putting the notes on the board.

It was finally time for third period. I let out a sigh of relief that it was time. I walked into the classroom and said hi to everyone I passed and went and sat down in front of Jess. "Hey" I whispered. She looked up at me and said "hey" back then looked back down at her homework that she was rushing to finish. The teacher came in and told everyone to be quiet and he got to teaching.

Fourth period just ended and the bell rang for lunch. I walked to the lunch room smiling and waving at everyone. I could hear people saying that I should be a cheerleader because I'm so peppy but I didn't want the commitment. I finally got to the lunch room and got in line to get my food. Once I had my food I looked around for Jess but I couldn't see her anywhere. People were looking at me just standing there looking around and lunch time was ebbing away so I decided to just sit down and eat. "Where is she?" I asked myself in my head.

*Time skip*

I was walking down the hallway. No one was left because I decided to stay late and help out the teachers and get some extra help on the homework. I was walking fast down the hallway hoping to catch Jess but then I realized. "She probably left too." I slowed down and started day dreaming about random things. "Finally!" I heard someone say, almost yell. I looked up and saw Jess standing at the corner of the lockers. "What? Why are you still here?" I asked. "I was waiting on you, duh." She answered like I was stupid. "I thought you would have left too, like the others." I told her as a sped walked over to her. "Well, I have nothing at home to do so, I thought I'd wait on you." Jess explained standing up so we could walk. We started walking down the hall, mostly quiet. We got out side and I went to walk our normal route when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned around and looked at her, of course I had to look up do to the high difference between us. "I want to go to the café, if it's ok with you?" She asked me. "Sure," I answered, practically jumping. We turned and started walking to the café. "So, why did you stay late." Jess asked. "Oh, uh... I just wanted to help out and get some extra help on the homework." I explained. "If you need help I could help you. If you wanted?" Jess asked me. "Oh, thanks but I'm ok getting help from the teachers. No big deal." I said then looked at jess and smiled to show it wasn't. "Why do you do that?" She asked, like I did something wrong. "Do what?" I asked a bit worried I did something wrong. "Put on a fake smile" She answered. "What it's not fake!" I exclaimed. Jess then stopped and looked at me, I froze from her icy blue stare. "Yes it is, you fake a smile all the time at school, when we walk home together, and when you want to make someone believe you." She almost yelled at me. "What do you mean 'believe me'?" I asked, confused. "You just smiled at me saying 'your ok with getting help from the teachers, no big deal' but it is to you, you want help but you think I'm like everyone else who just wants you to answer what I want to hear." Jess explained, not breaking her stare. "Well, um... I-I just..." I cut myself off not knowing how to answer. We just continued to walk in silence. We finally got to the café after what felt like an eternity. We both sat down and ordered our coffee. "So, how was your day at school?" Jess asked, trying to break the awkward silence between us. "Oh, you know, same ole same ole." I smiled at her, I really wanted to ask where she was at lunch. "Stop, what really happened?" I forgot she could see through my smile. "Nothing special I was just wondering where you were at lunch, I didn't see you." I confessed. "Oh, I was in home room finishing up my home work from last night." She told me. "Oh, ok." I sighed, not really knowing why. "Do you want me to sit with you at lunch?" Jess asked, bringing words to my thoughts. "Uh, sure if you want to we can sit together." I said trying to play cool, even thought I knew I started blushing when she said that. We finished our coffee and left after paying. We walked back in silence just looking around. When we got to where our roads split we started saying our goodbyes. "Good bye" I said to Jess. She looked at me, "Goodbye, and remember if you need help just ask." "Yes, I remember." I said in a sarcastic voice. We then walked our separate ways. I got back to my house and set my stuff down and went upstairs to my room. I slumped on the door and let out a sigh of relief that I was home, then I thought of Jess staring at me today with those icy blue eyes of hers and started to blush. I slapped my cheeks, "Why did I think of her?" I asked myself in a whisper.

What do you think so far? leave comments telling me.