Chapter 10

{Warning Homophobia and abuse}

"Why is there a giant bruise on your wrist?!"

I gulped, hard, because I felt my throat closing.

"W-when Alex pulled me to the house she held on too hard."

"Ok, but don't ever let her do it again."

I nodded in acknowledgement. I pulled my arm back to me and pulled my sleeve down.

"That was close." I mentally said.

*Time skip*

It was finally time for lunch, my chest was pounding from the pain.

Jess had her food already and I went and got mine. I flopped down next to her, which was a bad idea because pain shot through my entire chest. I forced myself not to wince.

"Hey, is it ok if I come over tonight?"

"OH CRAP!" I yelled in my head.

"No, my dad wants to have this big family dinner tonight, sorry."

"No, it's fine I get it. Dad's can be like that."

The bell then rang to go to class, and this is something I never thought I wound say, I was happy to be away from Jess.

*Time skip*

It was time to go home. I would have stayed to get away from Jess but I knew she would wait on me, like always. I sulked outside and met her at the front gate.

"Hey"

"Hey"

She wrapped her arm around me, like always, and I grabbed her hand. We walked in, comforting, silence to our roads. 

"See you tomorrow"

"See ya"

Jess looked around and saw no one, then leaned down a kissed my forehead.

She turned and started to walk away.

"Please don't leave." I begged in my head, but I knew she had too.

I sulked home and went to my room, luckily my dad had to work late tonight.

*Time skip*

It was about time for me to go to bed so, I went to the bathroom. I was coming out of the bathroom when I heard someone scoff in disgust. I looked over and saw my dad, my heart started pounding.

"Get back in your room, stupid dyke!"

I ran to my room and turned to close the door when, my dad charged into the room and pushed me backwards. My back hit the corner of the dresser, shooting pain up my entire torso. He ran at me and I crawled out of the way of his foot, but it caught my arm and made me fall.

He kicked me in the back, it took all I had not to scream. He then picked me up and threw me on the bed, I hit my head on the back board.

"Don't ever let me see you out of this room until you're straight!"

He then left and slammed the door. I curled up in a ball, which hurt my entire body to do, and started crying. I would go to my mom are sister but they wouldn't do anything to appose my father and I didn't want Jess to get hurt.

I fell into an uneasy sleep.

*Time skip*

I woke up and whipped the dry tears off my face. Luckily my father leaves early so I could get ready for school in piece. I went and looked in my mirror, there was a bruise on my arm from him kicking it, I pulled my shirt up and turned around. There were 2 giant bruises on my back.

I sighed, about to cry, and went to my closet and got out a long sleeve shirt and put it on.

I walked down stairs and left the house. Jess was waiting on me at the corner and when she saw me she smiled, a big warm smile. It made me feel a little better. She wrapped her arm around me, and I winced a little. Since it sent a shock down my back.

She looked at me, "Are you sure you're ok?"

"Ya, I just slept wrong last night and my back hurts a little."

"Ok"

I was happy she didn't ask anymore questions, but I felt horrible about lying.

*Time skip*

We spent first period holding hands, thankfully the bruise on my wrist was disappearing. I couldn't wait for it to be Friday, not because it was a happy time like with most people, but because Jess wouldn't see me and couldn't ask about the bruises. I couldn't stand to lie to her.

*Time skip*

It was time for lunch, I could barely walk, my back was throbbing and so was my head.

I went and got in line then sat down as best I could, without wincing, beside Jess.

"Can I come over today?"

How was I going to get myself out of this one.

"No, sorry. I have tons of homework to do then Alex wants to go to the store."

"Oh, ok."

The pain in her voice was enough to kill me.

*Time skip*

Jess was waiting outside for me, when she saw me she smiled, a big, warm, goofy smile. It lifted my spirit a little.

"Ready?"

"Yep."

We walked home mostly in silence.

"Well, see you tomorrow."

"Yep, see you tomorrow."

I started walking down my road, feeling like my whole body and heart were broken.

I got inside and thankfully my dad was working late again. I walked up stairs and started on my homework.

"At least this is one thing I didn't lie about." I sighed.

It was getting really late but I still had a bit of homework to do, when I heard a knock at the door. I froze in place and glanced out of the corner of my eye and saw Alex.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Are you ok?"

"Do I look ok?! My dad is beating me, because of YOU! Y-O-U!" I yelled at her.

She looked down, like she just realized the truth. 

"I'm sorry."

She then closed the door and I went back to my homework.

*Time skip*

I finished packing all my stuff up and was getting ready for bed, when I heard the door open and close. I froze for a second then turned around slowly.

My dad was standing there, with his hand in his pocket. I could tell he was drunk.

"Hi, little dyke!" He yelled.

He ran at me and grabbed my arm then flung down, I hit the wall, sending pain down my entire body.

I then heard a, switch, noise. I saw him holding a knife.

{OHHH! What will happen?}