Chapter 5

(Note: This chapter is mostly just Krista and Alex talking and doing choirs)

I got home and went to my room and went back to sleep before my parents had to get up.

A couple hours later I heard someone knocking at my door.

"Hey get up sleepy head, mom and dad gave us a choir list to do before they get back."

I looked up and saw Alex standing there holding a piece of paper.

"Ugg!"

I drug myself out of bed and walked over to her and looked her in the eye before going to the bathroom to do my hair. I came out a minute later and went down stairs.

"Ok, first we have to do the dishes."

We walked to the kitchen and I started unloading the dishes from the washer and set them on the counter in certain piles while Alex put them up.

"So, why didn't you come home last night?"

"Oh, by the time me and Jess left the party it was supper late so I decided to stay at her house." I knew if I told the truth I would get yelled at.

"Oh, ok. Then why is your shirt clean?"

I was swallowing some spit and choked on it when she asked that.

"Oh, um...Fine I got my shirt all dirty and she offered to clean it for me but I guess I fell asleep at her house so I stayed."

"Ok."

We didn't talk for the rest of the time we did the dishes but I could tell Alex was thinking of something. 

"Ok, next we have to clean the living room, and they said we had to take the cushions off a too."

"Ugg, I hate having to do that."

We went into the living room and first we cleaned the top of the couches and the coffee table.  We started taking the cousins off the couches and cleaning.

"Hey, can I ask you kind of a personal question?"

"Um...sure I guess?"

"Ok, are you in love with Jess?"

I froze for a second and felt my face heating up.

"What?! No, no way. Why would you even think that?" I knew this was a total lie but I wasn't going to tell my sister before I told Jess.

"Just a hunch. But I guess I was wrong."

I let out a sigh of relief when the subject was gone. We finished with the living room now all we had was our rooms. I went to my room and closed the door and leaned against it.

"Why would she just say that?! It makes no since. But I can't tell her, what if she thinks I'm weird or something?" I said in my head. Jess then popped into my head and I slapped my cheeks, "This is not the time to be thinking of you!"

I cleaned my room and went and got something to eat and Alex came in a few minutes later to eat too.

"I guess we're done with our choirs."

"Yep, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know, want to watch a movie together? Like old times."

I then realized it's been forever since me and Alex actually did anything together.

"Sure."

We went into the living room and watched a nightmare before Christmas, since it was only a week until Halloween. About half way through the movie she got up and went to her room then came back with her make up kit.

"Like old times."

I laughed a little and sat on the floor with my back facing her and she started brushing my hair. This was bringing back so many memories from when we were young.

"Ok, want me the swoosh it?"

"Sure, why not?"

She walked to the front of me and sat down then put the brush on one side of my head and flipped my hair to the other side.

"You look like a little puppy dog trying to be tough." She laughed

"Oh, ya!"

I reached over and grabbed the red lipstick and smeared it all over her face.

"Now you look like a clown that got attack by the puppy." I busted out laughing.

She growled a little and jumped on me, pinning me to the ground. She then grabbed the eyeliner and started drawing all over my face.

"NO, NO!" I yelled between laughs.

She got off of me finally.

"There." She said while crossing her arms, pleased with her work.

I got up and went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

"Oh my god!"

Almost my entire face was covered in black eyeliner.

"This is going to take forever to get off!" I wined.

"Then get to work."

I grabbed a random cloth from the cabinet and wet it then started scrubbing my face.

After about 10 minutes I stopped and looked at my face. Most of the eyeliner was gone but my face was bright red from scrubbing for so long.

"Ugg, I hate you!"

"I hate you too!"

We both started laughing. I scrubbed the spots still left on my face and I finally got them off. I then went back into the living room and saw Alex had started a new movie, spooky buddies. I sat down next to her and started watching the movie. 

The movie finally ended and I was about to fall over I was so tired. I looked at the clock and saw it was already 10 p.m.

"Wow, that late already. I wonder what Jess did today?" I felt my face heat up and hit my face to stop it.

That woke Alex up.

"What happened? I heard a smack."

"Oh, nothing I just hit my cheek to wake myself up."

"Ok, well I'm going upstairs to bed."

She then got up and went to her room. I got on my phone and started checking Instagram when I got a text from Jess.

[Hey is this a good time?]

[Ya, what's up?]

[Nothing much just wondering how you've been doing?]

[Oh, I've been fine did some choirs today with Alex, that's it.]

[Oh, ok. Hey want to go out tomorrow?]

[Sure, I have to go to the store anyways.]

[Ok, see you tomorrow. GN]

[GN]

I then went up stairs and got in bed. Heard my parents come in. I got up and went and hugged them and said goodnight then went to sleep.

(Sorry if it was boring but I got a little stumped)