Chapter 16

"I was wondering if Krista could move in with me?"

We all froze and started staring at Jess, wide eyed. She put her head down and started sinking down in her chair.

"I-if it's not ok, I understand."

"What?! No it's perfectly ok, right?" I shot my mom a hoping glance.

"I think I should leave it up to Krista." My mom looked at me with a knowing and excepting glance.

"I guess I'll go get the boxes." Alex pitched in.

Jess's eyes opened wide and she looked at me, I smiled at her, she smiled back.

*Time skip*

Me and Jess were sitting on my porch, I was leaned against her and her arm was around me.

"We're almost done." I sighed

We had been moving boxes all day, and I was tired.

"Yep, I think Alex already loaded them into the car, she just needs to bring them over."

We walked inside and got Alex a few minutes later.

*Time skip*

We finished bringing all the boxes inside and Alex was waiting outside for us.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around then?"

"Yep"

Alex got in the car and waved bye, but stopped and rolled down the window.

"Don't forget, graduation is next week."

"We won't."

We waved bye and walked inside. Jess flopped onto the couch and laid down.

"Come on, we need to unpack my stuff."

"Ugg, but we've been moving all day."

I walked over to the couch and grabbed Jess's shoulders trying to pull her up, it was a bad idea. Jess reached up and grabbed me, then pulled me down onto her.

"Let's stay like this for a little."

I stopped struggling and just laid there. I had to admit, it was really nice.

*Time skip*

I guess we fell asleep sometime during the night, because I woke up, still laying on Jess and she was still sleeping. I tried to get off of her but she tightened her grip.

"Uh, fine, I'll stay." I whispered

*Time skip*

Jess woke up a few minutes later, finally letting me go, and made breakfast.

"Are you ready for a day of unpacking?"

"Ugg, why?"

"Don't forget you're the one that wanted me to move in."

"I know, I know."

*Time skip*

Alex and mom had called us and wanted to go out to eat, now we were at the local Cracker Barrel.

"So, graduation is in 2 days. You guys excited."

"Yep, we'll be big bad college students."

Our food came out a few minutes later and we started to stuff our faces.

"Krista, you settling in well?"

"Ya, we have my stuff unpacked already."

"Good."