Chapter 1: Midoriya, Izuku!

Author's Note: Ryu's thoughts appear: 'like this'.

It was finally here.

Today was the day.

The day he had been preparing for.

Ryu walked up to a gigantic building. There was a sign in front of it, saying:

"U.A. Entrance Exams"

Ryu smiled to himself and confidently took his first steps towards the prestigious school.

And then... he saw...

A boy floating?

The green haired boy was flapping around in midair as a girl held her hand above him.

The brown haired girl smiled. "Are you alright?" she asked him.

Ryu stood beside them. The girl held the other student for a second to let him down on his feet.

"It's my Quirk." the girl said, "Sorry for using it on you without asking, but it'd be bad luck if you fell right?"

'So he tripped?'

The girl perked up suddenly and turned her head to Ryu.

Ryu blushed. "A-ah! Sorry, I didn't mean to stare... I was just curious." he said.

She smiled. "Don't worry about it! Aren't you two nervous?" the girl asked.

Ryu nodded. "More excited than nervous I think."

The other boy frantically looked for an answer. "U-ummmmm....!"

She simply grinned at his inability to form an answer. "Let's do our best! See ya!" she said, waving. The girl walked off.

'I didn't get her name...'

The green haired boy then started flipping out.

"Ummm... are you okay?" Ryu asked cautiously.

The boy turned to him and blushed.

"U-uh... ummmm..."

'Is he... mute.......?'

"Well... My name's Shinawa Ryu. It's nice to meet you!" Ryu smiled awkwardly.

Suddenly, the freckled boy's expression changed. His face was blank.

"Huh... Ryu......?"

A blush crept onto his face when he came to a realization.

"Hah? Y-you're not a girl?!" he shrieked.

Ryu blushed and looked around nervously. "Shhhh! No.... I'm not..." said Ryu.

The boy bowed erratically. "I'm sorry! So sorry! Please forgive me!!!" he screamed.

Ryu waved his hands out in front of him. "No, it's fine, really. I get that a lot. You don't have to apologize! Just...keep it down a little..."

The boy stood up sheepishly. "Uh... well... sorry. Let's just start over. My name's Midoriya Izuku."

Ryu laughed. "Nice to meet you. Now let's get going, don't want to be late." he said.

Midoriya smiled. "Hai!"

Timeskip:

All of the students sat in a big auditorium for an orientation.

A voice resounded throughout the room.

"For all you examinee listeners tuning in, welcome to my show today!"

A man with tall blonde hair and sunglasses stood center stage. Ryu recognized him as the hero Present Mic.