Chapter 6- The Villain You Truly Are

Recap:

Bakugou's softball lands out in the field. The softballs had all travelled so far, Ryu couldn't tell who's had gone the farthest just by looking.

Ryu found himself hoping that he had scored higher than Bakugou, who was starting to get on his nerves.

Bakugou grit his teeth together as Aizawa brought his hand up to show the distance.

Bakugou got—

Recap End:

751 meters.

That was Bakugou's score.

Ryu thought back to his own score.

750.

Bakugou has managed to score a single meter further than Ryu.

Dread settled into Ryu's stomach as Bakugou began spouting nonsensical cries of victory.

'He beat me by 1 meter!?'

Ryu desperately wished he could try again. He felt that if he tried again, it wouldn't take very much just to get the tiniest bit further.

But it was over now.

1 measly meter.

And it really wouldn't have mattered all that much to Ryu... if Bakugou hadn't been such a sore winner.

"Hahhhh?! What's the matter?!! Can't stand it that you lost to me?!!!! You can handle the fact that I'm better than you?!" Bakugou stomped over to Ryu, steam billowing from his fist.

Ryu could already feel rage boiling within him.

"You honestly didn't think you were stronger than me did you?! Just because you got some 'rescue points' on that stupid exam!" Bakugou sneered as he approached Ryu, clearly ignoring all personal space boundaries.

"You almost piss me off more than that idiot Deku." Bakugou growled.

Ryu flinched at the insult towards his friend.

'Don't flip out on him. He's just trying to antagonize you. It's cool. You're chill. Be chill.'

Bakugou glared at Ryu. "As if I would let some random girly boy show me up. In a real fight, you would be dead in 3 seconds! I would crush you."

'Girly boy...?'

Ryu was gritting his teeth, and his tail swished angrily. Midoriya opened his mouth to interject, but couldn't find the words.

'Be mature. Be mature. Just walk away. Walk. Away.'

Ryu clenched his fists and sighed. With tremendous will power, he slowly began to turn around and walk away.

Bakugou spat out a final remark. "There's no way I'd get shown up by some damn Villain's Kid anyway."

And then... it was as if something snapped inside Ryu.