Chapter 5: Bakugou=Saltness

"A Quirk assessment test?!" Class 1-A screamed from the schools practice field.

Uraraka spoke up. "What about the entrance exam? The orientation?"

"If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events." Aizawa explained monotonously, "U.A.'s selling point is how unrestricted it's school traditions are... that's also how the teachers run their classes."

Everyone is listening intently as Aizawa pauses.

"You kids have been doing these since junior high, too, right?" Aizawa-sensei asks, "Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirks."

'We're doing fitness testing...?'

"The country still uses averages taken from results from students not using their quirks."

Ryu nods in agreement.

Aizawa continues. "It's not rational."

'Oh.'

"Well, the Ministry of Education is procrastinating..." Suddenly, Aizawa stops his lecture and turns to the students.

"Ryu!"

Ryu jumped about a thousand feet in the air at the sound of his name being called.

"You finished at the top of the practical exam, right?" Aizawa asked.

Ryu nodded quickly.

Ryu then feels an immense fire-like rage boiling from behind him. It's source?

Bakugou.

"In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

Ryu looked around aimlessly, trying to remember.

"60 meters?" Ryu said.

"Then, try doing it with your Quirk." Aizawa said.

Ryu stared at his sensei blankly until Aizawa lazily gestured to the throwing area behind him.

Ryu carefully stepped into the circle.

"You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle." Aizawa explained, "Hurry up. Give it all you've got."

"What even is his Quirk?"

"Yea, why the ears?"

Ryu heard two students whispering.

'The ears are all the better to hear you with my dears~'

Ryu took a deep breath. He wound his arm back, as far back as his body would let him.

He lurched forward, putting all his weight towards the open field, and he infused as much of his super strength as he could into the throw.

As he released the ball, it rocketed from his fingertips, blasting everyone with a sudden gust of air.

The ball travelled an incredible distance and speed. There were multiple gasps from the other students.