Chapter 10- "Playing the Hero"

Author's Note: I changed the cover for this story because someone with a way more popular fanfic than me had practically the same cover and I didn't want it to seem like I was trying to copy them or anything, lol. Anyway, enjoy~

"Bakugou...? Can you hear me?" Ryu spoke with the audio device that had been provided to them at the start of the battle.

"Shut up and defend, will you?!" Bakugou answered back angrily.

Ryu flinched away. Bakugou's voice was a bit too loud for his sensitive hearing.

"L-listen... you need to come back here so we can discuss a plan.... if you want to win then—"

"I will win! I'm going to destroy him!" Bakugou growled.

"Bakugou? Bakugou?! Oi??!!?" Ryu yelled.

Ryu stomped in frustration. "Mataku......"

He irritatedly looked around at his supplies. A blueprint of the building. A roll of capture tape. A giant weapon to protect.

'The blueprint won't help me now. Kaiha can show me the whole building.... I guess I should hang on to this tape, though.'

Ryu picked up the tape and stuck it in the back pocket of his shorts.

"If either of them get up here, I can win as long as I manage to get this tape around them..." Ryu said.

'Uh.... good luck...?'

Ryu's attention was turned back to the screen in front of him.

Bakugou put his hand behind him in a position that clearly hinted that he was about to use his Quirk.

"Uraraka-san! Go!" Midoriya shouted.

Uraraka took off running as Bakugou propelled himself forwards with an explosion. He aimed a kick with his left leg towards Midoriya's head. Ryu was relieved to see Midoriya block it with his arm.

"Looking away? You must be sure of yourself." Bakugou said to Midoriya.

Ryu gasped as he saw white tape starting to be wrapped around Bakugou's leg.

'Midoriya is—!'

Bakugou noticed as well, and his expression grew angry and impatient.

'Right swing again....'

Bakugou launched his right fist towards Midoriya's face. Midoriya had apparently caught on the same as Kaiha because he leaped out of the way.

"That angry idiot almost got caught! Geez......" Ryu groaned.

Bakugou had a more cautious look in his eyes as he positioned his hands in the familiar downwards position.

This time, however, Midoriya turned around and ran.

"Come back here, Deku!" Bakugou raged.

Bakugou began chasing after Midoriya.

"He didn't even think to bring the map down with him........ honestly......" Ryu mumbled.

After only a short while, Bakugou stopped in his tracks and shouted out loud.

"Oi! You tricked me, didn't you?! Was it fun tricking me all this time?!!"

"Huh?!" Bakugou continued ranting and raving, "You've got a flashy Quirk there, don't you?! Try and get me with it! 'Cause I'm better than you!!"

Small explosions bursted from Bakugou's palms. Ryu saw a regretful expression on Midoriya's face.