Chapter 3: The Rest of My Life

Ryu was lying down on his bed one night, thinking about the exam.

It was about 1 week later.

After Recovery Girl's initial "treatment", Midoriya was taken into the school to rest.

Ryu stayed with Midoriya until he woke up. Recovery Girl said it was safe for Midoriya to go home, so he left.

Midoriya had left without a goodbye.

'I guess he was probably just upset...'

Ryu had wanted to ask Midoriya for his number, because from the way it sounded, Midoriya had a very low chance of getting into U.A.

Ryu himself, was also nervous. He hadn't been counting his points. Although he was almost certain he did well on the written exam, he had no idea how his points matched up with the others.

Suddenly, Ryu's doorbell rang.

'My U.A. letter?!'

Ryu dashed across the apartment in mere seconds. He violently ripped open the door handle, startling the delivery man.

The man looked up and his eyes widened.

"U-uh! Sorry for the intrusion! Here's your mail!" he said quickly. The man was standing as far away as possible and reached as far as he could to hand Ryu the letter. His eyes were looking anywhere but at Ryu.

Ryu took the letter, and the man immediately yanked his hand away. The delivery man quickly walked away without another word.

Ryu frowned, shutting the door.

'He must have recognized me...'

Ryu shook his head and went to the couch. He stared at the envelope for a moment, and then anxiously ripped open the paper.

A round metal object was inside. A bright light started shining from it, and Ryu set the device down on the table.

The image of a certain famous hero appeared.

"I am here as a projection!"

'All Might?!'

"I'm sorry I haven't been in contact with you for a while. Actually, I came to this town to work at U.A."

"Huh?! As a teacher?!" Ryu said out loud.

"I wanted to-"

*ding, dong*

Ryu turned towards his door.

"Oh. You better get that." the All Might from the recording said.

Ryu nodded. "Yes, thank you."

He took a step towards the front door. "Uh! Wait a minute?! Did you— Are you...?"

Ryu looked back and forth from the projection and the door in utter confusion. He finally ran to the door for the second time that day and opened it to see...

"I am here NOT as a projection!"

"All Might?!" Ryu shouted.

All Might looked back outside. "Shhhh!" he said, shutting the door.

"What do you mean 'shhhh'?! What are you doing here?" asked Ryu.

All Might grinned. "I have come to deliver my message in person! And... I... I..."

All Might slouched as steam started rolling off of his body. Then, in a puff of smoke, All Might turned into his regular, skinny form.

"All Might, are you okay?" Ryu asked.