Chapter 4: Banana Monster Sensei

Author's Note: Okay, so, there are only supposed to be 20 students in each hero class. Counting Ryu, there would be 21 in one class... which wouldn't really work out the best, but, I'm not going to eliminate a character from the story (bc so many of you bnha fans would have heart attacks), so we're just going to say this class has 21 students and roll with it. Okay? Okay. On with the story~

Ryu could feel his heart beat in his chest with anticipation.

'I'm here. I'm here. I'm here.'

He chanted in his head as he saw the front of U.A. High School in the distance.

Without even noticing, he sped up his pace. Ryu padded along the brick entryway towards the building.

He eagerly bounced up the steps and almost tripped as he quickly pushed open the door.

'I'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhere.'

Ryu smiled contently to himself, making his way down the hallway.

Suddenly, he noticed a student walking a few feet in front of him.

Realization spread across Ryu's face when he took in the green curly hair of said person.

"Oi! Midoriya-kun!" Ryu called.

Midoriya jumped in surprise before quickly spinning around.

Realization also came upon Midoriya's face when he saw Ryu.

"Ryu! Congratulations on first place!" Midoriya said, backtracking a bit to meet up with Ryu in the hall.

The two continued to walk.

Ryu blushed sheepishly at the compliment. "Me? Come on! You got 8th place just from rescue points!" Ryu praised.

Midoriya also gave a sheepish smile as he nodded. "Yea... I was really surprised... I thought I'd gotten last place." he laughed.

It was easy to tell these two had similar personalities.

Midoriya then turned his attention to the doors on their left. "1-A... 1-A...." he muttered, "This place is too big..."

Ryu beamed. "You're in class 1-A, Midoriya?" he asked.

Midoriya looked back at Ryu. "Hai."

Ryu smiled even bigger and pointed at himself. "So am I!"

Midoriya grinned. "Uwaaaah... that's a relief! At least there'll be someone I know in my class."

"Let's just hope those scary people aren't in there..." Midoriya muttered.

'Scary...? Does he mean Bakugou? It doesn't seem like they get along well...'

"Ah!" Midoriya shouted, "There it is."

Midoriya pointed to a gigantic door with "1-A" printed across it in big red letters.

"That's a really huge door..." Ryu said.

"Is it for... accessibility?" Midoriya suggested.

'For someone with a giraffe quirk?'

Ryu and Midoriya took one last glance at each other before Midoriya slid open the door.

"Don't put your feet on the desk!"

"Hah?"

"Don't you think it's rude to the U.A. upperclassmen and the people who made the desk?"

"Ha! No. What junior high did you go to, you side character?"

Midoriya and Ryu stood in the doorway as Iida and Bakugou spoke with each other.