Chapter 7- I'M DEKU!

"With that, we're done here. There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom, so when you get back, look over them." Aizawa-sensei drawled, walking away from class 1-A.

The teacher stopped, however, and turned to a certain green haired student.

"Midoriya," Aizawa said, handing him a note, "Have the old lady fix you up in the nurse's office."

"Tomorrow will be packed with even more rigorous tests. Prepare yourself." And then, he walked off.

Ryu glanced over at Midoriya, who looked dejectedly down at the slip of paper.

"AHAHA!" Ryu shouted, slapping Midoriya's back, "Nice job! You were super cool, Midoriya."

Midoriya smiled shyly. "T-thanks.... but even if I tried my best.... There's so much I couldn't do."

Ryu frowned.

"I'm starting from last place." Midoriya gestured to the score board.

Ryu smiled. "Then that means there's nowhere to go but up, ne?"

Midoriya smiled as well. Ryu noticed that all too familiar look of determination on his face.

"Aizawa-kun. You liar."

Ryu suddenly heard a voice speak from the direction Aizawa had gone. His ears perked up.

"All Might..."

'All Might's here...?'

"So you were watching? Too much time on your hands?"

"'A rational deception' you said? April Fools was last week. You punished a whole class of last year's first-years with expulsion. You cut those you judge to have no potential without hesitation. For a man like that to take back his words—

That must be because you also felt the potential of that kid, right?"

"'Also?'

You seem to be supporting him quite a bit. Is that how a teacher should be acting?

His potential was not zero. That's all it was. I will always cut those without potential. There's nothing crueler than letting a dream end midway."

Ryu grumbled. "'That's all it was', my a—"

"What was that, Ryu?" Midoriya asked.

"Ahaha, nothing, nothing." Ryu scratched the back of his head. "Just talking to myself."

Timeskip:

Ryu and Midoriya were walking away from U.A. at the conclusion of their first day of school, headed to the train station.

Midoriya was hunched over. "Ughhh.... I'm so tired."

Ryu giggled.

"Hey, Iida-kun!" Ryu said suddenly.

Iida, who had been walking behind the two to catch up with them, jumped in surprise. Midoriya stopped and turned around, also startled.

"How did you know he was there?!" Midoriya said, releasing a breath.

"I could hear his footsteps from a while back. His steps are really easy to tell apart from everyone else's." Ryu explained.

Iida regained his composure, and the group started walking again.

"Ah, I see... I just came to ask if Midoriya's finger was healed." Iida said.

"Yep! Thanks to Recovery Girl." Midoriya held up his bandaged finger.