15

"It took the doll again? What the hell is so important about this doll?"

Amelia and Lydia stood in silence as they watched Stiles talk to his father over the phone.

Stiles' attention was mostly focused on his thoughts more than listening to his father speak to him, then his head lifted as if he realized something. "It's the doll."

Amelia looked at him, confusion washing over her face. "What?"

"It's the doll?" Stiles asked, more to himself than to the two girls, and hung up on his father.

Amelia heard yet another gunshot, her head turning to where it was heard.

The brown haired boy then knelt down, Lydia pacing around as Amelia kept her calm.

"All right, but why would it go all the way to the school and then all the way to the house just for the doll?" Stiles asked. "One that was in the car wreck in the first place. We didn't find it in the den," Stiles let out a small sigh.

Lydia was obviously annoyed with the doll questions, looking at the boy, "It likes the doll, who cares?"

"Yeah, it likes the doll a lot." Amelia defended Stiles.

Lydia frowned a little, "What kind of doll is it?" She stopped pacing, looking at Stiles.

"I don't know, it's a doll, you know. It's got little arms, a big baby head and dead, soulless eyes." Stiles explained the doll. "Actually, I took a pic."

Lydia watched as the boy stood up, taking his phone out. He opened up the pictures, clicking on the picture he took of Malia and Malia's sister.

"Here," Stiles showed the two girls, mainly Lydia. Lydia studied the picture, then pointed to the girl in the blue jacket, "That's Malia?"

"Yeah, that's the jacket and scarf we found in the little den of hers." Amelia let out a little laugh.

"Guys, she's not holding the doll." Lydia stated. "That's Malia's younger sister, she's holding the doll."

Amelia frowned, looking over at Stiles.

"I know what she's doing," Stiles said, making both girls look at him in confusion. "What?" Amelia and Lydia questioned.

"I know where she's going." Stiles finished.

After a few moments, a faint scream erupted in Amelia's ears, making her brows furrow. She turned, glancing around as Stiles spoke on the phone.

"Amelia? What's wrong?" Lydia asked her sister, approaching her.

"I– I don't know, a scream– A very pained scream." Amelia's head shook.

"Like someone got hurt?" Lydia questioned.

Amelia nodded before she turned to her sister, "I'll be back, promise."

With that said, she turned on her heel, running as fast as she could. The girl glanced around for anyone that could have screamed in pain.

She saw a back towards her, and Allison prepared to shoot with the tranquilizer gun. She realized who the person was, in some kind of animal trap.

Amelia ran towards Isaac, trying to help him out of the trap. "How'd you find me?"

Amelia smiled, "I ran like hell, babe. I didn't know who screamed but I heard it."

Isaac let a small smile form before he tried to pull the trap out of his ankle.

Amelia then tried herself, pulling at the arms of the trap. Isaac groaned, making Amelia pull away as fast as she could. "I'm sorry, I can't– I'm not strong enough." Her head shook, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.