HEAT OF THE MOMENT Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Unstable

Chanyeol walks into the party, looks around for the other members. He joins them... They sit around the table talking with each other.. they wait until the awards were given.

The MC calls on stage Xiumin,Chen and Baekhyun to receive their awards. As they go up all the members stand up for them clapping... Chanyeol was happy for them but at the same time worried of what happened on the bus. He stayed sitting at the table.. All he could keep his eyes on was Baekhyun but at the same time he couldn't hold back his tears. He looked around but no one noticed but Yixing.. He came close sitting beside him he patted his shoulder.. Chanyeol looked at him with sad eyes... Yixing understood without talking.

As they were coming down all the members congratulated them.. before Chanyeol could get a chance to, they were stormed with crowds of people and other artists..

Chanyeol spots a girl getting close to Baekhyun.. She starts touching his arm and calling him oppa.. she starts whispering in his ear and hugging him.. Chanyeol was anxious.. He didn't know who she was. He saw Baekhyun talking to her and laughing.

Chanyeol starts getting a headache.. he goes to the bar to get a drink. He starts drinking one after the other.. He starts getting tipsy. He starts walking wobbly and losing a bit of focus.. Yixing sees him and goes after him.

Yixing follows Chanyeol outside he looks around sees his in a mess sitting under a tree. Yixing runs to him.
Yixing: Ch..Chanyeol?.. What have you done to yourself?..
Chanyeol: (says in an unstable voice).. I.. I.. lost..
Yixing: Lost what?
Chanyeol: N..N..Not what.. Wh..Who
Yixing: You mean..??
Chanyeol: Y..Y..Yes I mean Baekhyun. I messed up big time..
Yixing: Aww Chanyeol, it couldn't be that bad.. Everything will be fine.
Chanyeol: I'm not.. sure if I could salvage this..
Yixing: Wh...What happened why you say that..
Chanyeol: I...I..

As soon as Chanyeol was about to say it..
Baekhyun walks outside seeing them sitting there..
Baekhyun: Ch..Chanyeol?? ARE you Ok?.. He runs towards him.
Chanyeol puts his hand out: S..S..Stop.. He looks to the side.. Don't get closer..
Baekhyun: (looks at Chanyeol then Yixing)
Wh.. What did I do??.
Yixing: He.. is just a little tired.. He doesn't want to worry you..

Baekhyun: Let me take him home..
Chanyeol: tries to get up but he can't N..N..No.
Baekhyun: You can't even walk let me take you..
Yixing: Chanyeol Let him take you you need some rest..
Chanyeol: (didn't fight it alot)..
Baekhyun runs inside to get one of the staff's car to drive Chanyeol home..
Yixing and Baekhyun carry Chanyeol into the passengers seat.
Yixing: Baekhyun?
Baekhyun: Mmm..??
Yixing: Take good care of him Ok.. I don't know what happened exactly but I know that Chanyeol needs you by his side right now.. take it easy with him because he is not very stable at the moment..
Baekhyun: Of course... No worry.. I will look out for him..

Baekhyun: gets in the car as he looks at Chanyeol he is already sleeping.. He looks at him for a moment then he buckles his seatbelt around him and puts his on. He takes off his tux and covers Chanyeol with it.. All the way home, Baekhyun puts classical music.. as he keeps on looking at Chanyeol sleeping.. He kept thinking about what happened on the bus..
Baekhyun: ( In a low voice) Is this what it's all about what happened on the bus.. (looking at Chanyeol).. I didn't know it will affect him this much..

Meanwhile, Chanyeol starts murmuring in his sleep.. Why..Why?? Baekhyun..? Where are you going?.. Come back.. why did u do that to me?..
Baekhyun: ( Is puzzled with what is happening to Chanyeol.. He keeps looking at him)..

Shortly after, Baekhyun stops on the side of the road.. He looks over to Chanyeol.. He smiles slightly as he moved his hand towards Chanyeol's face.. his heart starts beating a bit faster.. as he was getting really close to touch his face.. Chanyeol slowly starts waking up..
Baekhyun moves his hand quickly acting nervous..
Chanyeol: ( looks over at Baekhyun) half asleep.. Are we home yet??
Baekhyun: takes a deep breath A..A..Almost.
Chanyeol: O..Ok.. wake me up when we get there.
Baekhyun: O..Ok.

As soon as Chanyeolgoes back to sleep. Baekhyun puts his hand on his heart.. Oooff.. that was close ( says it in his mind)... and drives the rest of the way home.