The tape.

a/n- you and raven are 12, neither of you know each other because when you were little you triggered eachothers powers and had to be separated . The surrogate mother took care of y/n until a car accident when they were 8, after which you were sent to an orphanage with a small package. Raven lives at the orphanage you were sent to, but you don't recognize each other as anything other than another orphan.

Y/N pov. (12th birthday)

I woke up in the small room me and my roommate shared then rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. Jenna(if that's your name feel free to change it ^.^) walked over and poked me. I groaned and put my pillow over my face.

" Y/N! Get up its your birthday silly! You get to open than present you've been blabbin about since ya came here!.'' Jenna says. I open my eyes and bolt out of bed, throwing on some clothes and running downstairs to Miss Harrison, your caretaker. She chuckles and pulled out the box.

'' Here you go Honey. '' she laughs, handing it to me. I promptly sit down and tear through the paper. When its completely off and ive opened the box I look up .

''Could I use the VHS player?'' I ask. Ms. Harrison nods and I walk towards the video room, popping the tape into the player and sitting down. The view shifts in and out of focus for a while, then settles on the face of my mother. I smile a bit.

'' Y/n , honey... If your watching this then that means I sadly wasn't able to tell you this myself. y-y/n.... I wasn't your real mother... Well I was, but.. Just barely. I was a surrogate... Only a tiny little bit of your DNA came from me, everything else was from your fathers.... I promised them I would take care of you until they came back to get you and your twin.''  she sighs a little, pausing, and giving me time to think. I have a twin? How come I never knew?  She resumes talking, and I can see a sad smile on her face.

"y/n. Find your sister Raven. You two should be in the same orphanage. Ms. Harrison can tell you where she is. Good luck my little girl.. You'll be with your fathers soon.'' she says, and the video cuts short. I walk out of the room with a look of shock on my face,clutching the necklace that came in the box with the tape. 

Ravens pov.

" Raven,Find your sister y/n. You two should be in the same orphanage. Ms. Harrison can tell you where she is. Good luck my little girl.. You'll be with your fathers soon.''

I stare in shock at the video. Im extremely confused.... Id never met that woman in my life...at least I don't think I have? She seemed a little familiar, like someone from a dream. I walk  outside the room holding a necklace that came in the box. I walk over to Ms. Harrison the same time another girl does, and accidentally bump into her. 

"im so sorry!'; I say, helping her up,because I had knocked her down. Her e/c eyes shined up at me brightly, a small smile on her face. 

''Its ok.  Was my fault, I hadn't been looking where I was going.'' she says grinning. I smile back then we both proceed to Ms.Harrison's desk. I clear my thought a little bit, and she looks up from her computer at us.

''Yes girls?'' she asks. I take a deep breath.

'' I need to find my sister.'' I say, at the same time the girl beside me does.  We turn towards each other in shock, then back towards ms.Harrison. She smiles knowingly at us .

''Well I believe you just did. Raven, meet Y/n. Y/n, meet Raven.'' she says. I stare at y/n, frozen, not knowing how to react.

A/N- so... Watcha think? I mean, this is my first x reader book, so idk lol. But Imma let you guys actually choose stuff, and gimme some ideas and whatnot.