30

Evan pov.

“ No, I've never had coffee, Peyton. Why does this surprise you?” I ask, looking at the siren as they order  two complicated sounding drinks.

“ Because Coffee is like… my Life Blood. The place you grew up in is whacked! No phones, no television, no internet. No caffeinated beverages of any kind.” Peyton tsks at me.

I shrug. It's not like I chose to live there.

“ Was it safe to leave Nathaniel there alone?” I ask. Peyton shrugs.

“ I mean, probably. Between Virgil and Patton, the kid should be alright. Virge knows how to help with the panic attacks, and Pat is just a full on dad. Nat will be fine.  I'm worried about Raven.”

“ Why? Roman seemed more than capable of protecting her if needed” I tilt my head, and Peyton shakes thiers.

“ No, I mean… this whole experience… it's going to traumatize her. She was already fragile. I'm afraid that she's been pushed way past her breaking point.”

“ No. Not quite yet, she hasn't. A few more days there and she would have. I could tell. There's more than just Raven there.”

“ Yeah. She has  a multiple personality disorder, and she has no clue about it whatsoever.”

“ Actually. I think she does. She's mentioned that she blacks out a few times, and I've noticed her changes. “ I say. Peyton looks at me,and gives me a hard stare before handing me my drink.

“ You like her,don't you?”

“ What do you mean? Of course I like her. How can I not? She's to ...her.. not to”

“ She has a boyfriend you know”

As this is said, I almost spit out the overpriced beverage.

“ No no! Not like that! For the love of all things Holy,She's my sister! “

It's Peyton's turn to spit out their drink.

“ Oh, Shit! No wonder then! I'm sorry. I just figured you were hitting on her.”

I shake my head rapidly.

“ Of course not. That would be immoral. Even if we're only half related, it's still incest, which is strictly against my rules.”

Peyton nods.

“ Alright then.”

We sit for a bit, and I finish my drink.

“ Do .....uhmm..you think I could have more? I think I like coffee”

Peyton laughs, nodding.

Y/n pov.

“ Do you even know where we are going, Storm?” I ask, sighing. He nods.

“of course I do. I'm a natural navigator.” He says. Damian rolls his eyes,even though Storm was bieng completely honest.

“ So, it was alright to leave the others to enjoy Pax, right? “ Max asks. Damian scowls at them.

“ You weren't given permission to speak. “ He says. Max blinks, but says nothing.

“ Now. Damian. If somebody was to hold Peyton's life against you, you would do the same. I would the same if Jess was taken.” Storm scolds.

“ Jess isn't even your real sister” Damian protests.

“ She's close enough to it. She was raised in my house for two years.”

“ Can we not fight?” I ask, sighing. Damian shuts his mouth, then sighs.