Saffire Chapter 6 - The Arena

Saffire liked her new friends. They were really helpful and would defiantly help her defeat the Queen. She thought Shadow was super sweet too. She was on a night patrol with Shadow and his rider, Heather. They flew far away to the secret location. They were attempting to save some of the dragons forced to fight in the dragon arena.
Saffire glanced around. They had snuck in quietly; or so they thought. Guards surrounded them and knocked them out.
       When Saffire woke up her vision was Smokey. She almost attacked Heather because of her vision. But then she heard a small click. There was a spiked collar around her neck. It was silver, though not very beautiful. It held her chained to the wall.
"TODAY, WE HAVE A NIGHT FLYER IN THE RING!" The announcer yelled.
"WOO HOO! The cloud yelled back.
"IT'S AGAINST THE LEGENDARY SAND STRIKER!"
Oh no! Saffire thought. Sand Strikers were like Night Flyers. They looked almost exactly the same, but were adapted to the desert. She didn't want to fight it. Wait! She thought, they might make Shadow fight it!
This was incorrect. They made Saffire fight the Sand Striker. They forced her into the arena. Hundreds of dragons have spilled their blood on this filthy sand, She thought, looking down at her claws. The arena was made of sandstone or something that looked like it. Above the sandstone, there was metal, caging around, like wires, the gaps were large enough to see through. Many people were gathered around, intently watching her, and cowering back when she looked at them. Maybe they expect me to haphazardly attack them, she thought. None the less, the fight was starting.