Chapter 4: Kakashi's Journey

As Hinata rushed home to find out where the scream was coming from, she opened the door of the small cottage she and her uncle lived in. "Uncle Kakashi?" asked Hinata. "Oh thank goodness your home Hinata! quick theres a huge spider in the corner could you please squish it for me?" asked a cowardly Kakashi. "Uncle it was just a shadow" explained Hinata "theres no need to worry." "Oh I see" he chuckled "So did you bring me those books I ordered?" " I sure did" Hinata answered. "Uncle, what were my parents like?" Hinata asked  "Hinata I told you before, they were good kindred spirits" Kakashi sighed. "I know that they would be very proud of you" he smiled. "Oh that reminds me dear, I plan on traveling to the book convention in the hidden cloud village, should I bring you back anything?" "Hmm" Hinata thought "Well some new books would be nice" she stated "Oh Hinata you never change do you?" laughed Kakashi. "Go get Kurama saddled for me and I shall leave at once!" Kakashi announced. "Good Bye Uncle be safe!" yelled Hinata as Kakashi rode off to the hidden cloud village. "Good Bye Hinata take care of the house while I'm away!" he answered.

    As Kakashi and Kurama traveled to their destination, they rode through a dark forest. "We should be there by now boy, I think we missed a turn" thought Kakashi. As they came across a road sign of the nearest villages, Kakashi saw a shortcut that was sure to take him there. "Let's go this way Kurama." he told the horse, but Kurama wasn't so sure about his master's decision, but decided to go down that road knowing it was not a good idea. The air became cold and soon they felt as if they were being watched. Sudenly Kakashi realized he wasn't so sure about where he was when all of a sudden a pack of wolves surrounded them. Kurama reared into the air frightened and bolted with Kakashi still in the saddle as the wolves chased after them. "Go Kurama Go!!" Kakashi yelled, As Kurama ran faster Kakashi jumped off and rolled down a hill and the wolves began to follow him.

     Kakashi came across an old steel gate, "Hello Someone Help Me!!" Kakashi shouted, then the gate opened by itself and let Kakashi inside shutting the wolves out. As Kakashi looked back towards the gate, he turned around and gasped, he couldn't believe what he saw before him. There stood a large and mysterious castle in the shadows, Kakashi didn't hesitate to go inside, so he let himself in and was blown away by it's size. "Hello? Is anyone there?" Kakashi asked. "Look Sasuke, that man must have lost his way." said a strange voice "I know Sai now shut up or we'll get caught" retorted another voice. "Who said that?" Kakashi asked. "I did" said a candelabra "I am Sai, and welcome" . Kakashi was terrified but also somewhat curious to see how the candelabra walked and talked "Oh and this is Sasuke the grumpy old clock." Sai shrugged. "Sai you know what the master would do if he saw a villager in the castle." Sasuke explained. "Oh don't worry, he can warm himself by the fire." Sai happily protested as he took Kakashi into the parlor where a warm fire was waiting for him.

  "Oh we have a visitor!" Lady Tsunde rejoiced as she rolled in on her cart with a fresh pot of tea. "Not you too!" Sasuke shouted. "Would you like some tea sir?" she asked as Kakashi sat in a chair while Kiba the coat hanger handed him a blanket, and Akumaru the sultan sat under his legs making him feel comfortable. "Why yes miss, I would love some." replied Kakashi. As his lips brushed against the tiny tea cup, the tea cup began to giggle "hehe his lips are cold Granny!" the tea cup replied joyfully. "Oh hello little tea cup, and who might you be?" Kakashi asked "I'm Konohamru and I.." Konohamaru explained but was interrupted by a loud boom.

   Soon the room became dark and a loud growl was heard. "Uh-oh" konohamru said as he hid behind Granny. A nine tailed beast walked in the room with much anger as a vicious wolf.  "There is a stranger in my castle!!" said the beast. "Master Naruto... this man was just lost in the woods and I was wondering..." Sai explained but was disrupted by the beast's roar. "Master I had nothing to do with this" Sasuke told "but Sai insisted that he should come in and!..." the beast roared at Sasuke silencing him.

   Kakashi became frightened and soon he was face to face with the beast. "WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY CASTLE?!?!" the beast shouted "I'm s-sorry, I thought n-no one lived h-here" Kakashi stuttered. "WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT!?!?! the beast yelled "N-nothing!" replied a frightened Kakashi. "YOU'VE COME TO STARE AT THE NINE TAILED BEAST HAVEN'T YOU?!?! the beast retorted "P-please I didn't m-mean too, I j-just need a p-place to stay." Kakashi stuttered. "I'll give you a place to stay" the beast growled as he carried Kakashi out of the dark parlor "Please No!!! " Kakashi begged but the beast didn't listen as he shut the doors to the parlor leaving the magical house objects baffled by what they have seen.