Chapter 15: A Mother's Love

While Kakashi was resting, Hinata went into her bedroom and looked in her small oak chest to find the wooden box that her mother gave her. When she found the box she went into her uncle's room and sat in a chair next to the fire place. Hinata kept thinking about what her mother said the night she died, 'open it when you think you are ready' so she took a deep breath and opened the box and saw a small golden heart shaped necklace with roses etched around the heart (Picture below) and there was a letter attached to it. Hinata picked up the letter and read what was written.

(The locket)

(The locket)

My Dearest Hinata,

By the time you read this letter, I will be gone to heaven. I want you to know that my father and I are so very proud of you. You are my sunshine and have given your father and I so much joy in our lives. I was planning to give you this necklace as a gift for your 21st birthday, but I was unable to complete the task. So in this box that I have given you, holds a golden heart necklace that you father gave to me when I was carrying you in my tummy, I wanted you to have it so you can carry me with you everywhere you go. Inside the locket is a photo of your father and I holding you the day you were born, and on the back of the locket it's etched in silver writing 'forever in my heart'. Hinata my dear sweet child, I may not be with you but I love you very much and I will always be with you.

With Love,

Mother

Hinata dried her tears as she placed the necklace around her neck. She walked over to his mantle and put the wooden box right next to a picture of her family when she was born. She held the photo "I love you mother and father, thanks for watching over me" she murmured. Kakashi began to wake up "W-where a-am I-I?" he stuttered, Hinata ran to his side and had a warm wash cloth on his head "Shh Uncle" she whispered "It's ok, I'm home now" she gave a soft smile. "Oh Hinata" Kakashi sat up and hugged her "I've missed you so, but how did you escape?" Hinata looked down at his hands "He let me go" he looked surprised "Really?" she nodded her head. Soon Kakashi looked at Hinata and noticed her wearing her mom's necklace "Hinata, you found your mother's locket" he said with a smile. Hinata looked down at her necklace "Oh yes, I thought it would be the right time for me to wear it" she smiled, Kakashi chuckled "Well you are the spitting image of your mother my dear" he cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

Soon they heard something scuffling around in Hinata's satchel, they looked at each other and Hinata opened her bag and out came a little tea cup along with the magic mirror. "Hey Hinata!" Konohamru hopped over to her, she giggled "Well, looks like I've got a stowaway". Konohamru hopped into Kakashi's hand, "Oh hello little guy, I didn't expect to see you again" the little tea cup looked at Hinata "Hinata, why did you go away? Don't you like us anymore?" he asked. Hinata looked down at the cup with sincerity "Oh Konohamru, I do, it's just that..." Hinata was about to finish her answer until there was a knock at the front door.

Hinata opened the door to see Gaara, the director of the Hidden Sand Village mental hospital standing in her doorway. She looked confused "Can I help you sir?" she asked. Gaara was holding his hands "I'm come to get your uncle" he said sternly "my uncle?" she asked raising an eyebrow. "Don't worry my child, we'll take good care of him" Gaara stepped aside showing a carriage with the words "Sand Village Mental Hospital" written on the side. The whole village was there to see Kakashi taken away, but Hinata wasn't giving up her Uncle.