Chapter 11: Toneri's Gamble

Meanwhile in the Hidden Sand village 3 miles west of Konoha, Toneri and Rock Lee pay a visit to a certain person of interest. "Are you sure this is where he lives?" Toneri asked "I'm positive" Lee responded "Iruka did say this is the guy for the job." As the two friends rode into the village, they came across the market place and saw a man with black markings on his face, Lee decided to ask the stranger for directions.

They got off their horses and walked up to the man, "Excuse me sir?" Toneri asked "Can I help you?" the man answered "I'm Toneri and this is my sidekick Rock Lee" they bowed "pleasure I am Kankurō" he shook Toneri's hand "we're looking for a tavern called umm...uh... the uhh..." Lee puzzled, Toneri became annoyed and smacked Lee "Let me handle this you blubbering idiot" "Sorry boss" Lee apologized."Pardon my friend here" Toneri chuckled "but we are looking for the tavern called 'The Shadow Spirit'" the stranger rose an eyebrow at the suspicious characters. Toneri handed the sheet of paper to Kankrō "Ahh I see" Kankurō rubbed his chin "My sister Temari works there, follow me then" Toneri and Rock Lee nodded.

The trio then arrived at a dark alleyway "Well here you are, the pub is right down this alleyway on the right, the sign is right above the door" Kankurō said. Toneri and Lee both nodded and began to ride again. "Oh I almost forgot"Kankurō lifted a finger, the two turned around as the old man walked to them. "When you knock on the door, a guard will ask you for a password in order to go inside" "well what's the secret word?" Lee asked "just say shadow clone and the guard will let you inside" Kankurō explained. "Thank you friend" Toneri shook the man's hand "good luck you two" the old man smiled and walked away.

    As they walked to the pub Toneri knocked on the door the peep hole slide open "password?" a deep voice asked "Shadow Clone" Toneri responded the peep hole closed and the door was open

As they walked to the pub Toneri knocked on the door the peep hole slide open "password?" a deep voice asked "Shadow Clone" Toneri responded the peep hole closed and the door was open. They nodded at the guard and looked around the bar, and saw some people you didn't want to mess with, some thugs, bounty hunters and hookers. "This place is giving me the creeps" Lee shivered with fear "Quiet my friend!" Toneri reassured him "Let's just find Temari so we can get our guy!". The two men walked to the bar and saw a lady with blonde Pompoms in her hair, cleaning some glasses, she noticed the two and walked over to them.

"Hello boys, the name is Termari what can I get for you?" she asked, Lee blushed "Well hello you hehe" he smirked "I'd like an orange soda with whip cream on top" "I would like some Scotch on the rocks" Toneri added "Ok coming right up!" she answered. "She's hot!" Lee nudged Toneri who was rolled his eyes "Now is not the time!" he scolded "We came here for Gaara not this attractive bar lady!". "Here you go guys!" Temari came back "one orange soda with whipped cream on top for bushy brows and one scotch on the rocks for snowball" she winked handing them their drinks "Thanks!" Lee took a huge sip of his drink. "Hey Temari right" Toneri asked as took a sip of his scotch "Yeah?" she asked "I need a favor to ask you" Toneri spoke, Temari rose an eyebrow "My brother Kankurō sent you didn't he?" she asked "Why yes he did, he said you might help us" Lee answered as he handed her the note "Oh you came to see my brother" she replied "Wait your brother?!" they spoke shocked "Yeah I have two brothers, Kankurō is the oldest and Gara is the youngest but is the most successful out of us three" Temari explained "I see" Toneri nodded "I'll take you to his office downstairs" Temari hopped over the table.

When they arrived downstairs, Temari knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Gaara asked "Your favorite sister" Temari replied "Come in" Gaara demanded. "Wait here" Temari told Toneri and Lee they both nodded. Temari opened the door and saw her brother in his chair reading some important documents "Temrai I have to head back to the hospital, so whatever you have to say, make it quick" He snarked "These two guys came here to see you" she explained "They said that you are the person to take care of a certain man in their village that's been a bother to them." "Hmm" Gaara pondered "Very Well, bring them in" Temari nodded and went to fetch them. "You can come in and you only have 30 minutes to persuade him, so make it count" Termari opened the door as Toneri and Lee entered Gaara's office. They both nodded and proceeded walking towards their man of interest.

"You must be Gaara" Toneri said, "Ai" Garra nodded "Then maybe you can help us with our problem" Toneri explained "Have a seat" Gaara asked and they did so. "So...my sister says you wanted to see me" Gaara asked as his servant poured them some iced tea, "they say you're the best there is" Toneri added "Not many people like you can run the best tavern in the Hidden Sand Village and the mental hospital". Garra nodded "What can I say, I'm a man of many talents" he lightly laughed "But my sister runs this tavern. I come here to get away from my duties as the Kazekage of the Hidden Sand to focus on more important matters." He finished

(AN: I was inspired from the film The Godfather to create this chapter)

"Now lets get down to business shall we?" Garra got serious "How much are you willing to pay?" He rose an eyebrow. Toneri nudged Lee to give him the money bag, as Gaara opened it he saw $5,000 in it. This peaked Gaara's interest "I'm listening" he sipped his tea." Toneri began to tell his story, "It's like this, I've got my heart set on marrying Hinata, but she needs a little persuasion" "Turned him down flat!" Lee interrupted. Toneri punched him in the face, "Everyone knows her uncle's a lunatic. He was in the Konoha tavern tonight raving about a beast in a castle..." He explained with annoyance. "Kakashi is harmless" Gaara looked up from counting his money "The point is, Hinata would do anything to keep him from being locked up." Toneiri gripped his chair in anger "Yeah, even marry him!" Lee pointed at Toneri laughing, Toneri gave him an evil look and Lee grew quiet. "So what you two are saying is that you want me to throw her uncle in the mental hospital unless she agrees to marry you?" Gaara stood up "That's correct" Toneri answered, Lee nodded "It's a deal" Gaara gave Toneri his hand and shook it.

Meanwhile back at the home of Kakashi "I'm going to find Hinata and rescue her!" he said as he grabbed his cloak and lantern "She's all I have left and I'm not going to loose her!". Kakashi left the house and began to head to head into the dark forest. Toneri and Rock Lee rode to the house and began to search for Hinata and her uncle. "Hinata! Kakashi!" Toneri boomed as he entered the house "Well we tried!" Lee looked at Toneri "not so fast my bushy browed friend" Toneri grabbed Lee's shoulder. "You stay here until they come back!" Toneri ordered. "Right!" Lee answered.