Chapter 54: Combing Through The Crises

Nathnial mentioned his theories on Micah's ancestry, and Liam seems to agree. However, Nathanial is profoundly affected by his troubling dreams/visions, and is afraid of Liam. How can he get help if the one person best suited to help him is terrifying? 

-------------------------------------------

 Liam felt Nathanial fall asleep but waited a minute before carefully moving away. He quietly spoke to Micah, "Micah, stay with him, please. I will check back in once I have finished my business in the main room." Micah lifted his paw and gave a thumbs up. Liam smiled and slipped out of the room. He could hear... Geoff, it must be, in the bathroom being quite ill. He glanced at the rest of the room, noting the obvious tension. The three Agents were standing by the door, looking a little confused. "Your pardon," Liam said as he passed by them, heading over to Faelen.

Jay held out a paw, tentatively, "Sensei? What did you do to us? How did you make us leave like that?"

Liam paused and glanced back, deciding to massage the truth, "I made you do nothing. I do not force people, usually, to do anything. It was within my rights as a Healer to tell you to leave me to treat my patient, so I did so. You recognized my authority in the matter and left." He had... encouraged them to leave by increasing the 'weight' of his Chi, which had the side effect of manipulating their 'fight or flight' instincts and making them more submissive and prone to avoid conflict. It was a skill he did not like to use, but he still succumbed to the temptation to use it at times. "Now, I have some other matters to attend to, but I will take a moment to properly introduce myself. Agent Hugh, I am Liam Smith, Healer and Monk. I hope to have a cordial working relationship with you." He extended his paw, Agent Hugh cautiously shook it.

"Ah, yes, Sensei Smith, was it? I can't say we have many Monks here. Who inducted you into their... Order?" Hugh seemed genuinely curious, but still a bit cautious.

Liam smiled, "While that isn't an incorrect way of saying it, as such, the honorific is added to the end of the name, via a dash. It is commonly said as Smith-sensei. As for the other, Monks are quite secretive, and after the history between the Society and our Order, we do not disclose our identities to you willingly. I will not discuss or disclose anything pertaining to my Order. I must go brief Mr. Marks on the status of his son, please, excuse me."

The Agents followed him over to the entertainment area. Garret looked up, "How is he?"

Liam glanced around, "I am unable to answer that, sir, without permission to disclose private medical information to outside services, notably the Society's Agents. I would prefer to discuss this with you in private and allow you to determine what and how much to pass on. First, though, Geoff. Does he require aid? Nathanial is sleeping and can wait."

Garret face showed how concerned he was but he waved Liam off, "Go check on him. If you think this can wait, I will."

Liam nodded and looked at the guilt on Faelen's face before walking to the bathroom, 'Is he still intent on quitting? They couldn't talk him out of it? What a night.' He walked into the bathroom. Geoff was curled over the toilet, shaking, but he appeared to have emptied his stomach. Liam flushed the toilet and got a wet cloth, and started to gently clean Geoff's face, "You are feeling better, now? Your Chi is disrupted, but it is not from a biological source. You had a very troubling mental image. I would guess it was from the events of today. Please, put it out of your mind and relax." Liam put the facecloth in the hamper and walked over to Geoff. "Can you stand? I would bring you over to the massage table, if you can."