CHAPTER TWO

Please enjoy and thank you very much for reading, feel free to comment along the way. I really appreciate the support, critique is welcomed.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BibSZyUhcUe/

Tap the pretty orange button please:))

Please check out my new book Cordelia Storm

Please check out my new book Cordelia Storm. It's waaay better than this one and it's a funny light read:))

"I know him!"

Three measly syllables turned her entire world on its well-rounded bottom. What does she mean she knows him? How does she know him? Was this her attempt at a joke? All these questions were asked by the expression on Ava's face, Which question should she ask first? They all seemed equally important to her.

None was the answer.

Because Ava was speechless. Until an uncommon wave of rage came over her, unlike anything she'd ever felt before. Oh, she'd been angry before, no doubt, but she'd never felt this amount of rage and it wasn't even directed at anyone. Yet. Her anger had always been more of the quiet kind, but this time she burst, consequences be damned!

"What the hell do you mean you mean you know him?" She screamed, "Is this a joke to you, is my life just some big joke to you? How can you know him? I don't know him! I swear-"

During Ava's version of the Spanish inquisition, Kim had looked at her with quiet amusement which had only served to further infuriate Ava more. Kim on the other hand was cool as a cucumber, which was only fitting, it wasn't her life hanging in the balance. She'd always told her friend that all her pent-up anger was bound to come out someday.

As amusing as she found it, she couldn't help but calmly interrupt in a voice she knew would only serve to further infuriate her.

"I don't know your father per say," she drawled, ignoring her friend's look of disgust, "his wife, however, was a very well-known tennis player in the nineties; Diedra Carrizales, she never did take his name..."

Kim trailed off theatrically, waiting for her friend to prod her for more information, she always did tell a good story. However, when she actually looked at her friend, who seemed to be in a state of shock, she immediately calmed down.

"Ava? Sweetie, are you okay?"

"Okay? You-" she trailed off, "I," she tried again.

And then when Ava actually processed the words her friend had said, she cried for the second time in her entire life (acting didn't count).

"Oh, honey, I'm such an idiot, you know that! Please don't cry. This means we'll find him. Come on now."

Consoling her friend however, wasn't working because much to her dismay she began to cry even harder! It was then that Kim knew that she had to let her friend cry it out, and cry she did, for almost an hour and then she got up suddenly and headed to the bathroom. When she came back, her friend, who knew her well, knew it was time for a brew of one of her heavenly teas from The Kettlery, a beautifully hazelnut flavour.