CHAPTER SIX

Please vote and comment, your opinions mean a lot to me<3 Thank you

Ava had spent the last two days practising the dance and she had poured herself into every single dip and toe stand, every single twirl and leg raise

Ava had spent the last two days practising the dance and she had poured herself into every single dip and toe stand, every single twirl and leg raise. She had practised every single expression on her face; the pain, the hope, the determination and it was visible with every move she made. The music was a sultry acoustic version of Frank Sinatra's song sung by a female voice so beautiful and natural it just drew you in. The performance struck a strong cord in every single set of eyes that had the pleasure of witnessing this performance. 

When she made the final pose by the feet of Rebecca and Derrick, (who had had to stay frozen in an embrace during the entire performance at Ava's instruction.

When the music stopped everyone couldn't help but give a of hearty round  of applause when she tried to speak into the sudden silence and all that came out was a croak. The pain she portrayed at the little mermaid's failure to speak to the man that she loved looked very real, almost as real as the pain in Derrick's eyes, but no one but Ava and a very irritated Rebecca noticed.

After a suitable amount of time had passed, Ava stood up and looked anxiously in Mr Walter's direction, waiting for what she hoped would be the go ahead. He was the only one who had not stood to applaud her when everyone else did which scared her and gave Rebecca hope, maybe the old geyser wasn't as enamoured with Ava Michelle as everyone else was. As soon as everyone quietened down and turned to gaze in his direction, he paused, just for a second, before standing up to applaud her heartily. She could have wept with relief.

Kim ran to her friend and tackled her to the floor chanting, "You did it! You did it!"

"Hey, don't hurt our star before the big day," Mr Walters chided gently, "we want her to still be able to walk, and definitely, after seeing that performance, dance."

"Okay, Mr Walters, I'll back off the talent." Kimberly laughed, "by the way how'd your date like those brownies I made for you?" she asked innocently.

Ava had a spit the drink out moment and laughed heartily, her friend loved to engage in gentle banter with Mr Walters, who was currently turning into a beetroot. He didn't mind all that much though, on a good day, he gave as good as he got and he absolutely adored Kim, but then again, who wouldn't?

"Everybody, go back behind the stage, lets do one final run through before we go home." he said, letting everyone know that Kim's show was over, although Ava could swear she heard him tell Kim that his date loved the brownies.

She made her way backstage and smiled, she loved the feeling she'd had these last two days and even though she knew it wouldn't last, at least after the show next week, she'd be prepared to tackle her own drama. Her mind was made up on auditioning for 'The Greeks Weep' workshop next week as well, so she was a little/a lot nervous about that. After they'd rehearsed the play from start to finish, Mr Walters asked them to sit down as he gave them some final instructions; come early on Monday, practise your lines, that kind of nonsense.