CHAPTER FOUR

The music I pick for each chapter is mostly Ed Sheeran because his music speaks life into me. I love him and you can choose to play it whilst reading if you want. I am humbled by the amount of love and support I have gotten so far on my book and I wand to tell you that I am really grateful. This chapter is dedicated to the two most beautiful women I know, my mother and big sister<3

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BibSZyUhcUe/

Please click that vote button:))

Please check out my new book Cordelia Storm

Please check out my new book Cordelia Storm. It's waaay better than this one and it's a funny light read:))

This was ridiculous, Ava thought. Her entire life was absolutely ridiculous at the moment and she'd be damned if she let it take over her passion. She was going to be the best damned mermaid the world had ever seen. With that in mind she decided to have a word with her director, just to let him know that there was a lot going on in her life lately, but she'd be on her A game from now on.

Right now they were still rehearsing and Mr Walters had already noticed that she was still off her game.

"Hello Ava," he said as I walked up to him, "I've been wanting to talk to you, what's going on? This is not the Ava who left me captivated by her performance in Annie ten years ago."

Ava remembered that performance and how nervous she had felt. Her mother had been her number one fan, she'd always been there, at every single rehearsal and performance. She was one of those mothers who put their child first, so that is why her last words had surprised her so much. But she thought she had figured it out. The way her mother had spoken about her father, it was clear she had loved him more than anything, he had been her true love, so it was possible she didn't want to disrupt the life he had built. 

However her mother had always raised her to be strong, independent and to live a life with as few regrets as possible, so it would be a disservice to her legacy to deny that not meeting my father would be my biggest regret in life. As for the workshop, it was a once in a lifetime thing and she would go to that audition and kill it. If they rejected her, at least she'd know that she'd tried, as Frank Sinatra says 'I did it my way'. And really, there was no other way to live life.

"I agree with you completely Mr Walters," I replied, "but maybe that's not a bad thing. A lot has happened in the last couple of months and bottling it in doesn't help. It produces the sub-par acting I've been giving you"

She could tell that he was actually listening intently to what she was saying and after he gave me a nod of encouragement I continued.

"I think I could use all the pain and the anger and the confusion and infuse it with the character of Ariel. She just wanted to be in love and having to watch the Prince she loved be with another woman must have been hard." I continued.