CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Please tap the pretty orange star😊

Ava

"Life cannot honestly be this cruel!" she moaned.

Kimberly kept bursting into uncontrollable giggles. She couldn't help herself. Just about twenty-four hours in America and her best friend was already going rogue. Kim knew her friend enough to know that if Ava said it was a couple of kisses then it was most definitely a make out session, bordering on sexual intercourse.

"Kim!" Ava whisper screamed, "Can you stop laughing for one second and address the fact that my life is falling apart!"

"Jeez," she replied, stifling another laugh, "Calm down lady, if I had known being beat friends with an actress would be this dramatic, I might have opted out sooner. Where are you anyway, there's barely any light."

"I'm sitting by the tennis courts, I'm not sure I'm even allowed to be here. Risking my final phone call before I have to hand in my phone just for you to mock me." she sighed.

"Okay okay," Kim said getting serious, "The odds that your drama teacher would be this Cardiff fella..." Her voice trailed off, "So what are you going to do?"

"Seriously?" she deadpanned, "the one time I actually ask for your help you ask me what I want to do."

"Well," Kim drawled, "since you are asking me. I'd say convince him."

"There is no way I am going to sleek to that vulgar-".

"Good looking, funny, amazing kisser? Come on sweetheart." Kim laughed, "It's just you and me here. If you hadn't wanted to 'kiss him a couple of times' you would've punched him right off the bat. I think you're just scared like you were of me. Because he entered the walls of your castle."

"Don't be ridiculous." Ava muttered darkly.

"C'mon Princess, let down your auburn hair, everybody has a story. Obviously you struck a cord with the whole Damian thing. Mr So Stiff (a.k.a Cardiff) doesn't seem like the type to change his mind once it's made up. He obviously set you with a task he didn't think you could possibly complete." Kim paused, letting her words soak in,   "Unless you know any other guys, I would suggest you at least ask him this week. Or I guess you could ask all the other guys you know."

"Hey! While you may know Ava Catternach well, Miss Catherman is in an entire category of her own." Ava replied poshly, then getting serious she added, "I know you're right, but I'm hoping you're wrong."

"Focus on finding your brother and getting properly acquainted with your baby sister tomorrow." Kim soothed, "I have a feeling the dashing Devin will find you first. Anyways, I have to go Ava."

"When are you coming to Nevada? I can't wait to see you during Christmas break."

"Two and a half more months Miss Catherman"

"Goodbye Kimmy-cub."

As Ava hung up she sighed deeply. She  looked at the stars and sighed. If her mother was here, she would have loved the open spaces. Her spirit had been as beautiful as her very being. Now that she knew about thewicked old witch Araceli, her mother's fear of answering questions about her father made sense.

Walking quietly towards the dorms, she savoured the solitude, having a roommate meant that she'd have very little of it. Ava had been an only child most of her life, it would be interesting for her to find out if she was good at sharing. Having a flatmate had been hell enough for her.

As she reached her dorm, she bumped into the matron and was told to hand in her phone and laptop tomorrow morning. Kim, her guardian angel, having watched enough boarding movies had told her to just hand in a dummy phone. It was quite late when she reached her bedroom door and gently swwung it open.