CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Thank you for extreme patience and enjoy❤
Please check out my new book Cordelia Storm. It's waaay better than this one and it's a funny light read:))

Different shades of green swept across the school compound. There were trees whose leaves were such a deep colour the fruits they bore popped out in sharp contrast. Lawns rolling over the hilly landscape whose mild colour formed the perfect background for the school.

Gazing upwards at the blue sky from the prison of the classroom, Ava allowed her mind to wander off into the distance. Thoughts forming like clouds, only to be erased by the winds of boredom.

It had been a month and Ava was settling in at the school. She was also rethinking how desperately she wanted to join 'The Greeks Weep'.

In her quest to be adventurous and to seize the moment, she had become sidetracked from the most important thing. The mamoth news that she had taken entirely too well.

One didn't just inherit two siblings, a step-mom, father and step-grandmother (who may or may not be homicidal) and go on to focus on theatre. Normal people went to counseling, to help sort out these feelings.

Instead, she was sitting here on a Thursday afternoon taking prep classes for juniors. The children in her class were thankfully not much trouble and Ava had to admit that a large part of that was due to her growing friendship with Devin.

After the audition, many things could have easily happened. She could have pursued a misguided relationship with him. Or perhaps they could have engaged in an electrically charged case of friends with benefits. They could have chosen to completely ignore each other.

Instead, she'd found in him a kindred spirit and taken a leap she had only taken once before; one of friendship.

Damianos

She still didn't know a lot about him and as much as she wanted answers to certain questions, she could hardly expect him to share. Especially when she herself was not willing to do so.

They often had long talks about their dreams, their likes and loves. The kind that you could only have with someone who didn't know enough about you to judge. Where you could be open and bare more of your soul than you could with a friend.

Their secrets lay more in what they chose not to disclose. As friendly as they were, neither of them quite wanted the other to see behind their mask. Underneath would be something they themselves did not want to disclose.

She had spoken with her father once a week each week she felt panic rising inside of her. They were strangers, twenty-one years of space stood between them. He was no closer to being her father openly now than he had been when she was conceived.

Ava wished she could just go home and look through her mother's things with a fine tooth comb. Look for any clue as to what she should do. Taking a deep breath, her eyes swept over the class and saw them all wearing the same looks of extreme boredom.

Hearing a tapping on the door, she looked over to find Devin standing by the door with the same confident grin he always wore. Looking at the time one the watch at the back of the classroom, she decided that dismissing them five minutes early would not be the worst thing to happen to them.

"Hello Kat," he smiled, "having fun moulding young minds?"

"Olá Cal," she replied sweetly, knowing he hated that abbreviation of his surname, "I'm just glad to play a role in their precious little lives."

"Where to?" He asked as they walked towards the door.

"I'm going to go to my room to drop off my books and maybe get a snack on the way to Mr Cardiff's."