Chapter 2 (Roman)

After helping Thomas with his anxiety, I went to my room in triumph.

Who does that kid think he is, just waltzing in and hurting Thomas? Well not on my watch. I sat in my room and finished the rest of Moana. I had been watching it before Thomas summoned me, and I desperately wanted to finish. The songs had been stuck in my head all day! The movie ended and I clapped quietly to myself, not wanting to disturb the others. I looked around my room, but there wasn't really anything to do, so I went to the living room. I popped up by the TV, my usual spot.

"I'm sure he's really nice!" Patton said cheerfully to Logan.

"Who?" I asked.

"Thomas's new aspect. Anxiety, if I'm correct." Logan replied.

"You're always correct," Patton said timidly.

Logan's cheeks gained a pink tinge, and he ducked his head to hide his blush. Patton giggled, his own face heating up. I rolled my eyes.

These two are just adorable. Why don't they date already?

"Wait!" Patton said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You already met him right? What's he like?"

"He's annoying! He keeps showing up and ruining Thomas's day!" I proclaimed.

"Aww, I'm sure he's not that bad! You just have to get to know him," Patton told me.

"Yes it appears that it is too early to draw any conclusions on Anxiety. After all, first impressions are not always accurate." Logan concluded.

"Whatever, he's annoying and-" I paused seeing Anxiety appear on the stairs. "Speak of the devil," I muttered.

Logan noticed him first, however Patton had no idea. Logan gently grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him around. Patton immediately became flustered at the close contact with Logan, but his embarrassment was quickly overcome by his excitement.

"Hi Kiddo!" Patton said, as he encased Anxiety in a hug. I saw him tense up, apparently not one for hugs. "I'm Patton! I represent Thomas's emotions, and his morality!" Next Logan stepped up.

"Salutations Anxiety. I am Logan, Thomas's intellectual side, and his knowledge." Anxiety greeted them, and then they all looked to me.

"What?" I asked. There was no way I was gonna introduce myself to him. "He already knows who I am."

"Roman, introduce yourself. NOW." Patton scolded me.

"Fine. I'm Roman. Thomas's creativity, hopes, and dreams." I said simply, not bothering to go up to Anxiety.

"Roman?" He asked, as if confused.

"Yes. Roman," I huffed, annoyed. "It's not that hard," I added, earning a glare from Patton.

"Why did Thomas call you 'prince' then?" He asked. I sighed. Loudly. Luckily, Logan stepped in.

"While we all know each other's formal names, Thomas is none the wiser. It is unknown if he knows we have formal names, so we often go by Morality, Logic, and Princey." Logan explained, gesturing to Patton and I.

"So what's your name?" Patton inquired.

"Uh... you guys can just call me Anxiety." He told us. The three of us looked at each other and shrugged.

"Okay cool!" Patton exclaimed. Logan checked his watch and said he had to go, and Patton followed him out, leaving just me and Anxiety. I huffed and sat down on the couch, checking my Instagram feed. I felt Anxiety sit down next to me, so I shuffled away a little bit, but not before catching a glance at his phone.

Tumblr. Go figure. As I continued to scroll through Thomas's fan art I heard Anxiety let out a little laugh. He bent over his phone, and began typing. As he leaned over, his bangs fell in front of his eyes, and I was overcome with the sudden urge to brush them out of his face.

Wait what?! I thought to myself. There is no way I have a crush on THAT. I refuse to give in! But even so, I couldn't help notice how his eyes lit up every now and then...