Chapter 5 (Roman)

The next few months passed in a blur, each of us getting more creative with our pranks. Soon the prank war became so routine, that I almost expected the airhorn beneath my seat, or the Oreos filled with toothpaste. Almost. And, even though we were at war with each other, we had actually started to get closer. We were... friends? I think we were. Alas, our prank war was coming to an end. There are only so many practical jokes you can play on one person. One day, I walked into my bedroom, extremely cautious, on the lookout for any suspicious articles that were set up to prank me. But, try as I might, I couldn't find one. Anxiety hadn't set anything up! I decided I would look in the living room, so I went there. But again, there were no pranks to be found.

Huh. That's weird. I decided I was gonna go ask Anxiety upfront what had happened. I popped up in his room, to find Anxiety fast asleep. Cuddled up in at least seven blankets, he looked absolutely adorable.

"Princey..." he muttered. I froze, and my heart stopped. Was he... dreaming about me? I felt a blush form on my cheeks, as I started to leave, deciding to let him sleep. God knows he probably doesn't get enough as it is. But as I moved to go, I tripped on the edge of the table and fell onto Anxiety's bed, and consequently, Anxiety. He awoke with a gasp, and forcefully shoved me off his bed.

"Ow?!" I said. "What was that for?!" Anxiety looked at me with confusion before he realized who I was, and that I was now on the floor of his room.

"Princey! What are you doing in my room?!" He growled, clearly frustrated.

"I was coming to check on you! You didn't set up a prank, and I wanted to make sure you hadn't died or something," I said matter-of-factly.

"So you decided to break into my room, and then throw yourself upon me?" I felt my cheeks flush.

"I didn't 'throw myself upon you'! I fell because you decided to put your table right in the middle of the room! Ugh, not the point," I told him. "What happened to the prank today?"

"I, uh, didn't set one up."

"Well why not?"

"Because, I couldn't think of one? I don't know how long this will stretch on for Roman. It's hard to come up with them!" I felt a twinge of disappointment. This prank war was my only excuse to hang out with Anxiety, and now it was gone. "Uh. But maybe we could, I don't know, hang out sometime?" Anxiety asked.