Chapter 18 (Roman)

Even though Anxiety had kicked me out of his room, I left cheering. I had gotten into his room! And I refused to let his negative demeanor stop me. I was gonna get that boy, one way or another. I decided to go to the kitchen for a little reward. Patton had been talking about cookies earlier... I popped up by the TV and saw an equally happy Thomas bound through the door.

"PRINCEY!" Thomas ran over and encased me in a hug.

"Hey Thomas!"

"I had the most AMAZING day," Thomas told me.

"What happened?" I asked, eager to know what had gotten Thomas out of his funk.

"I met the most amazing guy. He's tall, and smart, and handsome, and funny. And Princey! He can sing!" Thomas swooned and gushed as he told me about his dreamboat. As he continued to speak, I felt more and more energetic. When he finished I congratulated him and he rushed upstairs. I was still buzzing with energy, so I texted Patton and Logan to see if they wanted to do something. I started typing a message to Anxiety, but paused. As much as I wanted to hang out with him, he probably still wanted space. Soon Patton and Logan popped up and cheered when they saw me.

"Roman, you're dressed. And up!" Patton exclaimed.

"I know!" I replied, spinning around the room, relishing in my newfound energy. "And guess what? Thomas is in love!" I told them.

"Ah, that would explain this," Logan said.

"Explain what?" Patton and I said at the same. We both collapsed in a fit of giggles, Patton's juvenile side feeding off my excitement.

"Roman, while Patton is essentially Thomas's heart, being his fanciful side, you are very much hais romance. Therefore, when Thomas experiences romantic feelings, Patton is still affected, but you primarily experience these feelings," Logan concluded.

"So that's why I'm so happy!" I said as I jumped around.

"Yep," Logan said tiredly. I calmed a little bit, mostly for the sake of Logan, but got excited all over again when I remembered my recent victory.

"Patton, I have to tell you something! I got to Anxiety's room!" Patton cheered.

"Yay! Now you can ask him to the ball!" He reminded me. My heart fell when I remembered what his reaction to my surprise visit.

"Patton, I-I don't think he likes me. At least not anymore. He got really mad when I came into his room earlier. And, I don't think he'll go to the ball," I told him sadly, the majority of my energy spent.

"Well how did you act when you saw him?"

"Well, I was really cheerful and I smiled at him," I told him.

"Roman, Anxiety probably thought you had been this way since you guys argued. He's been through a lot, but I doubt he realizes you felt the same way," Patton said gently. I gasped as I realized my mistake.

"He probably thinks I hate him! What do I do?" I asked desperately. A sly grin spread across Patton's face.

"Prepare the ball. Set the date for sometime next week, and get everything set up. Logan and I'll handle the rest," Patton told me confidently. He grabbed Logan by the arm and sank down. I went back to my room and started digging in my closet for my whiteboard. I always use it for any big project. I accidentally knocked an old box of photos and I found one of all four of us. Patton had forced us to take it, much to Anxiety's dismay. I smiled at the photo, scanning it before my eyes landed on Anxiety. Despite all the chaos that had happened since Anxiety and I had first met, there was one thing that hadn't changed: I was so totally, completely, spectacularly in love with him.