Chapter 11 (Roman)

My plan had worked! Patton helped me come up with the idea, and the first gift had been a success. The hardest part was writing the letter, but Patton and Logan had me covered. I pretended to be sick so Thomas wouldn't summon me for the video. Patton agreed to pretending that he was taking care of me, and Logan stalled for us. Before, we had to have a meeting. I explained that they had to play it cool if Anxiety asked them about the gifts. I also added that they would have to stop flirting with each other to which they both became very flustered. During the video, Patton and I worked on the letter, perfecting it in every way. I wanted to include key phrases that sounded something like each side, to throw Anxiety off. If he guessed it was me too early, it would ruin the whole surprise. After I slipped the gift into Anxiety's room, just as the video ended. I was a flustered mess with it all. What if he didn't see the gift? Or worse, hated it? But Patton sat with me in my room, calming me down. Despite being the most juvenile of the four, he was amazing at soothing people. Suddenly I got a text.

Anxiety: Hey Roman, movie?

Roman: Sure! Be in the living room in a second.

"I gotta go Patton," I told him. Straightening my hair a little, I moved to leave.

"Alright, have fun with Anxiety!" He called. I stopped and looked at him.

"How did you know?"

"Roman, you only ever smile like that," he said gesturing to me, "when you're thinking about him." I quickly tried schooled my face into one of impassiveness, but nevertheless a wide grin spread across my face and I felt my cheeks heat up. "Told you!" Patton exclaimed.

"Alright, alright," I caved. I sank down. As I appeared in the living room, I wondered whether or not Anxiety had liked the gift, but my question was answered when he appeared. He had traded out his normal black eyeshadow, for a deep purple and he looked... gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. The purple set off his chocolate brown eyes that always held a small twinkle. It contrasted his classic black apparel, but not so much that it stood out. I realized that he had almost been made to blend into the background. All his features were softened by worry, except for his striking eyes, but those he always covered with his bangs... Suddenly, Anxiety was snapping in front of my face, literally snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Helloooo?" He called.

"A-apologies. Wh-what did you say?" I asked, not even realizing I had been staring.

Stop stuttering Roman. You can't let him know you're the one leaving the gifts!

"What movie do you wanna watch?" Anxiety asked again.

"Uh, you can choose," I told him. He began flipping through movies on the TV, and I took that time to compose myself. He settled on Tangled, one of my personal favorites. As the movie started, I began brainstorming what I could do for his next gift. I gazed a little at Anxiety, watching how his bangs always covered his glimmering eyes. It was then that I got the next idea.