Breaking Walls

The next morning, Haeyoung went over to cook breakfast for the BTS members but as soon as she walked into their apartment, She noticed everyone was already up and Jin was busy running around in the kitchen. Startled, Haeyoung quickly walked towards the kitchen but suddenly Hoseok stopped her by getting in her way.

"Oh-ho, my sweet hope. Where are you going?" Hoseok asked as he pulled her away from the kitchen.

"To the kitchen to help cook breakfast? I didn't realize I was late," Haeyoung replied feeling confused as she was being dragged away.

Hoseok shook his finger and shook his head at Haeyoung. He dragged her and seated her at the table and smiled cutely at Haeyoung.
Haeyoung looked away as her face turned bright red at the way he was staring at her.

Hoseok squeezed her hands and replied sweetly, "Jin has it all under control. My job is to have you sit here and relax."

Haeyoung pulled her hands away from his grasp and stutters, "But, But..."

Taehyung plopped down in the chair next to Haeyoung and winked at her as he puts a finger up to her lips to shush her, "No buts, Noona."

Haeyoung felt even more confused and frustrated to why they were all acting this way towards her, especially Taehyung. He knew about her past. She thought she succeeded at letting them know that she had no plans of becoming friends with them. Her relationship with them were strictly work.

A few minutes later, the rest of the members except for Jungkook came and sat down at the kitchen table as they placed the food Jin had been cooking on the table. Suddenly a bowl of seaweed soup was set in front of Haeyoung. Surprised and shocked, she looked up towards Jin. He shrugged nonchalantly and smiled happily, "Happy birthday, Noona."

Haeyoung started to feel overwhelmed with emotions. She felt tears brimming at the edge of her eyes threatening to roll down her cheeks. Then unexpectedly Jungkook walks in with a cake with lit up candles and they all started singing happy birthday.

All at once, she couldn't control her tears anymore as they rushed down her face. Haeyoung felt warmth of their hearts as she looked at one member to the next. She spent so much time building up a wall because she didn't want to be emotional attached to them. But how could they break it all down with such a small gesture?

"How did you guys know?" Haeyoung whispered as kept her eyes on the cake.

"Noona, we're a family and you are a part of our family. It's our job to know when it is someone's birthday," Namjoon grinned widely with his dimpled cheeks.

"Oh but I don't deserve this after how I've treated you guys so rudely," Haeyoung said regretfully after she realized how closed off she has been.

"Noona, we still want to treat you like a family member. So let's leave the past in the past and look forward to the future," Yoongi said with a bright smile.

"Noona, hurry and make a wish!" Jimin exclaimed excitedly as he clapped his hands.

Haeyoung closed her eyes and made a wish. A wish that she could really stay a part of this family who didn't give up on her even though she was rude and cold hearted towards them. She slowly blew out the candles and smiled.

Jungkook's heart fluttered at how much more beautiful Haeyoung became as she smiled for the first time since she's been here. He couldn't help but exclaimed excitedly as he pointed towards her, "Oh! Noona smiled!"

Haeyoung looked towards Jungkook and he beamed adorably with his bunny teeth at her. She felt her heart fluttered as he winked at her. Her face turned bright red as she looked away feeling embarrassed. She could hear Jin slap Jungkook's arm and yelled at him, "Don't embarrass noona like that."