How To Say Goodbye

During the concert, Haeyoung thought about how she always teased Jungkook that she would never become their fan, but after tonight, she knew for sure she had become their number one fan. She watched the BTS members performed and was so proud of each one of them. No matter how tired they were, they still gave all of their energy, their dedication, and their love to their fans.

Haeyoung heaved a deep sigh of relief and knew she was making the right decision after she looked around the stadium. She could feel the tremendous amount of love, dedication, and support their fans have for the BTS members. It was a beautiful relationship that BTS and ARMY shared together. She knew that she shouldn't let her selfishness stand in the way and break them apart.

During their last song "Spring Day," Jungkook made eye contact with her. He smiled so lovingly towards her that she felt her heart start to break. Unable to control her tears, they began to blind her vision and started to roll down her cheeks.

She gazed at the sweet handsome man that she grew to care about so much. She didn't want to ever leave his side but to see his smile, she'd do anything for him. She needed to protect him and the other six men up on the stage.

They could have brushed her off in the beginning due to her coldness towards them. But they chose to show her what it meant to be a family, what it meant to be accepted and loved. So this was the best thing she could do for them.

Haeyoung took the paper airplane that she made and threw it out to the stage. While Jungkook looked up to watch the paper airplane float up in the air and make its way to the stage, she turned around and quickly left the stadium.

When the paper airplane landed, Jungkook went to grab it and when he turned around to look for Haeyoung, she disappeared. Feeling confused, he assumed that maybe she headed backstage to meet them there. But after they ended the concert and went to the dressing room, she was no where in sight.

All of sudden, Jungkook started thinking about the strange things she had been doing the past few days. Then he felt as if someone had punched him deep in the pit of his stomach. He quickly unfolded the paper airplane that he was still holding and found a message:

No matter where I may go, I will always be your #1 fan. -Haebae

Jungkook grabbed his phone and ran out the dressing room while calling Haeyoung. Jimin was entering the room at the same Jungkook was running out, "Jungkook-ah, where are you going?"

The number you have called is no longer in service.

"Shit," Jungkook muttered under his breath as he called her again. Same message.

He ran towards the parking lot but there many fans waiting outside and there was no possible way he would be able to flag down a taxi without being noticed. He ran back towards the dressing room feeling defeated.

All week he thought she was acting strange and he should have listened to his gut feeling. He couldn't pinpoint what was wrong but now it all made perfect sense. She had made plans to leave to him.

Jimin looked up when he saw Jungkook entering the dressing room. Jimin could see that Jungkook look confused, angry, hurt, and he was worried about him.

"Jungkook-ah, what's going on?" Jimin asked, causing all the members to turn around and look in Jungkook's direction.

"Noona left," Jungkook mumbled in a faintly whisper.

Jimin's brow furrowed in together in a confused state, "Left? As gone home?"

Jungkook shook his head as he held out the paper airplane message towards Jimin, "Left as in disappeared and I don't think she has any plans of returning."

Jimin took the note from him and read it. He looked back at Jungkook and he could see the hurt in the Maknae's eyes. Jimin pulled Jungkook in for a comforting hug. He knew how much Jungkook liked Haeyoung.

He saw how much joy Haeyoung brought into Jungkook's life in the past month. He lived, breathed, and talk nothing but Haeyoung. Anyone who looked at Jungkook would know that this fool was smitten.

As Jungkook laid his head on Jimin's shoulder, he fought back his tears. But he gave up because the pain in his heart was too much to handle and he started weeping. What went wrong? Did he do too much? Or not enough causing her leave?

When they arrived to the apartment complex, Jungkook went straight to Haeyoung's apartment hoping that this was all just a dream and that she never really left. But when he walked in, the apartment was empty. All her pictures were taken off the wall, all her clothes were gone from her closet, and all her accessories were gone except for the bracelet he gave her that was laying on the dresser.

He slowly laid his head down on her pillow, taking in her familiar scent. He knew that this was all that he has left of her. Tears slowly rolled down from the corner of his eyes as they dampen the pillow.

***
My sweet Kookie-ah. I am so sorry.

Jungkook's eyes flung open wide as he thought he felt someone lightly brushed his hair. He sat up in bed and looked around his surrounding. He was still in Haeyoung's empty apartment and noticed someone had placed a blanket over him.

Tiredly, he got up and slowly walked out to the living room and looked at clock on the wall. It was four o'clock in the morning. Jungkook sighed sadly as he looked at couch where they had spent most of their nights cuddling and laughing while watching tv. 

Then his eyes moved towards the kitchen where she cooked him late night snacks. There he saw that someone had left him some food on the counter. Probably Jin came over to make sure he would eat something. He slowly made his way towards the counter and he could tell that someone had just finished cooking the food.

Jungkook went back to the bedroom to grab his cellphone that he placed on the dresser. He realized that the bracelet he had given to Haeyoung was missing. He turned on the light and searched underneath the dresser. He was pretty sure he last saw it there last night.

Haeyoung?

He quickly ran out of the apartment and found the hallway empty. He made his way down the elevator. He was pretty sure that he had faintly heard her voice and her touch in his sleep. He breathed out heavily as he realized that if it was her, she was long gone.

He trudged his way back up to her apartment. Was it really possible that Haeyoung came back for that? If she chose to leave him, why would she come back for it?

For the next couple of months, Jungkook came home and slept in her bed. He was pretty sure something happened that month in December and she had to leave for a reason. Now all he could do was wait for her to return and hear from her why she left.

And if she never comes back...

How does he say good bye to someone he never wants to bid farewell to?