Undeniable

It was already late and Haeyoung had trouble sleeping. She has been laying on her couch, staring at her tv, not paying attention to the late night shows that were blaring from her tv. Her mind was lost with thoughts of Jungkook and it's not allowing her any rest.

Her mind fought back and forth with itself hours on end. Her good half was assuring her that everything would be okay. That having him be a part of her life was good for her. He had awaken her, made her feel alive again. Pretty soon her heart started to warm up to the idea of dating him.

But the dark side of her taunted her. It reminded her of how long it took fans to stop torturing her, calling her bad names when the scandal with Myung-ki unfolded.  Her heart told her to not to repeat the same mistake with Jungkook. She would not be able to handle the torment, the ridicule by others. Going through it once was already enough.

Suddenly, she abruptly stood up from her couch, turned off her tv, bundled up, and grabbed her blanket off the couch. She needed to clear her mind, to free her thoughts of ever thinking it was possible to get involve with someone like Jungkook. She knew she was crazy to ever think it was okay.

How long will she able to continue ignoring the way she felt about him? It would be hard, but she had no other choice... She had to.

"Noona?" A familiar voice jerked her back to reality.

Her heart skipped a beat, the insides of her twisted and turned. Her breath became uneasy as she found herself lost in those soft warm orbs that she had decided to fight hard to ignore. She was drawn to him and it was something she couldn't deny anymore.

"Noona?" Jungkook said again, "Where are you going?"

"To the rooftop," Haeyoung answered softly.

"Okay, have a good night," he said with a nod and turned around to head back to his apartment.

She watched him walk away, feeling disappointed that he didn't ask if he could come along like he normally did. Her heart continue to linger on as her two sides fought with each other again.

Don't do it. You're too weak. You'll end up heart broken.

You can do it. You know he completes your emptiness. It is now or never.

"Jungkook?" Haeyoung called out before he walked in.

He turned his head to face her, "Yes? Did you need something?"

Her heart thumped hard and loudly as she stuttered to ask him, "C-could we t-talk for a minute?"

Jungkook nodded and he followed her inside the elevator. She nervously bit her bottom lips as she clenched her hand in a fist to keep steady. She began to regret asking him to go up to the rooftop with her so she could spill out her feelings to him.

Once they reached the rooftop, they both sat in silence for a while gazing at the stars. Haeyoung's mind was blank on where to start on telling him about how she felt towards him. She started to feel like she was better off not telling him.

Jungkook noticed her nervousness. She felt uneasy about something she wanted to talk to him about. He already had a clear idea on what it might be about. He knew she was scared and he didn't want to ever rush her into something she wasn't comfortable with. He slowly reached next to him and held her hand.

Haeyoung turned to look at him take her trembling hand into his warm hand. His eyes met hers and smiled happily towards her as he asked her, "What did you want to talk to me about?"

She looked away towards the city lights and became mute. She couldn't find the right words to say to him. Does she just lamely come out and say it? Or does she kick around the bush and make him guess her feelings?