Another Misconception

After Haeyoung's response, there was an uncomfortable dead silence as everyone realized the mere fun of spin the bottle became a bigger deal between Jungkook and Haeyoung. Neither willing to break away from the intense eye stare down until Jin started coughing to cut the thick unpleasant tension in the air.

"Okay, who wants dessert?" Jin asked trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

Haeyoung abruptly got up to excuse herself from the table and left the apartment. Doojoon was about to get up follow her, but sat back down as soon as he saw Jungkook chase after her.

"No?" Jungkook muttered under his breath when realized he had mistaken the relationship between Haeyoung and Doojoon.

He was surely kicking himself now for kissing Ha Na infront of Haeyoung. He quickly took the elevator up to the rooftop. When he arrived up there, she was sitting on the bench overlooking the city night light.

Jungkook slowly approached her and cleared his throat. Haeyoung turned around and looked away again when she saw Jungkook. She quickly wiped away her tears that had stained her cheeks.

Jungkook sat next to her and they sat silently for a while just observing the city below them. He heaved a deep sigh, "I forgot how beautiful the view is from up here."

Haeyoung didn't respond to him as she kept looking out to the city lights. Then she looked down at the bracelet around her wrist. She didn't deserve to wear the gift he gave her. She left and he moved on. That's what she gets for being a coward.

Haeyoung took the bracelet off and placed it in his hands. Jungkook looked down in his hands and then looked back up at her. Her eyes were sad with regrets, "I am glad to see that you're happy."

She stood up and began walking away. Jungkook got from the bench and back hugged her from leaving, "You came back for this bracelet that night you left without any warning. Why?"

"I needed the bracelet to remind me that I made the right choice of leaving," she answered as tears well up in her eyes.

"Why did you need to leave in the first?" Jungkook asked with his brows furrowed in confusion.

"It was the only decision I had at that time to protect you, to protect the members," she vaguely explained.

"Protect us from what?" Jungkook asked her as he turned her around to face him.

She bit her bottom lips from wanting to tell him about Ha Na. She gently squeezed his hand and said softly, "Just promise to always be happy."

Jungkook could feel the frustration that was building up inside him. He was confused at what she was saying to him. Nothing made sense to him. He frowns at her with the tears falling like a waterfall and shouted, "So you think you can show up for one night, give me hope that you've returned, and then all of sudden you're just going to disappear again? Why even bother showing up here tonight?"

"I'm sorry, Jungkook," Haeyoung said through her tears as she reached out to wipe his tears away, "It was never my intention to come here tonight."

Haeyoung turned around and quickly left the rooftop. Jungkook fell to his knees as he starts weeping again. Did she not see or feel what she does to his heart?

***
In the coming weeks, Jungkook heard that the members met up and went to eat out with Haeyoung. Proving that his second assumption about her disappearing again was wrong. It made him curious what her intentions were for returning.

Jungkook was laying in his bed looking at the bracelet that Haeyoung returned to him. Another thing that bothered him was the reason why she left without any warning. He didn't understand what she needed to protect them from.