8

Taylor

I opened one eye as I heard my phone going off non-stop. Who is calling me at 1 in the morning?

"Hello?" I whispered so I didn't wake Danielle.

"How is she?" Aaron asked.

"Good. She's sleeping. Everything is good."

"Alright. We'll be back there tomorrow. Sorry that we left. The nurse told us that only one person could stay and you were sleeping next to her. Please make sure my sister is getting taken care of."

"I will, love you bro."

"Love you too man."

After I hung up Danielle started turning and wouldn't stop. Before I knew it, she had started screaming.

"Danielle." I shook her and bought her in my arms again.

"Sorry," she whispered. "Sorry."

"It's fine, you were probably just having a bad dream."

"Sorry," she apologized again.

"It's okay, you're safe with me." I kissed the top of her head.

"I'm freezing."

"Want me to-"

Danielle felt around for my hands and put them around her. She weaved her fingers through mine. I hardly know her, but I feel like I need to be here for her and make sure she's okay. I think I might like her. She decided to spoon, so we were spooning. I love spooning even though it sounds different.

"Taylor, I think I love you even more," Danielle said and then closed her eyes again.

"I didn't know that you really loved me at all," I whispered.

"I do love you."

"Well I love you too."

She nuzzled up  to me and put her head in the crook of my neck. I kept her in my arms and didn't let go.

* * *

"Taylor, wake up." Danielle shook me.

"I'm up, I'm up," I said and rubbed my eyes.

"Will you get me some food? I'm hungry."

"Yeah. I'll get some Dairy Queen. What kind of blizzard is your favorite? Wait, you like Dairy Queen, right?" I asked her.

"Cookie dough!" she said with enthusiasm.

"Really? Mine too!" I said as I grabbed my keys off the table.

"Hey what's your favorite color?" She asked me as she pulled something out of her purse.

"Blue. Why?" I asked as I sat back down on the bed.

"I made this for you last week. I was going to give it to you at MAGcon, but you were busy talking to other girls after me," she mumbled a little.

"How did you know what my favorite colors were?" I asked, amused.

"I made one of every color and decided to blend those two, so if you didn't want it, then I would just wear it." Danielle laughed a little.

"Well this is awesome. Thanks," I said as I put it on my wrist. "Well I'm gonna get us some ice cream. I'll be back in a few minutes. Bye ba- Danielle." I caught my self before I said babe.

"Alright. Bye Tay." Danielle reached up to hug me.

* * *

Danielle

Taylor and I have two things in common that I know of. I want to know if we have more. He acted so boyfriendly to me.Is my dream coming true, finally?

My phone rang which interrupted my wonderful thoughts of Taylor.

"Hello."

"So they are having a thing where you can get a meal and then get a blizzard free. Whatcha want?" Taylor asked me through the phone. How did he get my number?

"Chicken and fries." I chuckled a little. He laughed at me.

"Alright. I'll see you when I get back. Be careful of what you do."

"Bye Taylor."

* * *

When Taylor got back we starting eating. Half way through my chicken he said something I never thought he would.

"You know what? You are so beautiful and sweet. How do you not have a boyfriend?"

I almost choked on the piece of chicken I had in my mouth.

"What?!" I asked when I stopped coughing.

"I'm being serious."

"I don't know, I don't like anyone." I shrugged.

"I bet the guys like you."

"Some I know of," I admitted.

"So why don't you like anyone?" Taylor asked and took a bite of his blizzard.

I turned as red as a tomato because it is so embarrassing. "This is like the most embarrassing thing ever, but I promised my best friend last year, that I would wait until I met you."

"Do you really like me that much?"

"Yeah." I laughed and and bit a fry.

"Wow."

"I just thought that we would somehow end up dating, but that's not possible." I laughed at how ridiculous I sounded.

"Anything is possible."

* * *

Taylor

"Anything is possible," I said to Danielle.

I can't believe she gave up liking guys and wanting to date for me.

I leaned in and I placed a soft kiss on her lips. She didn't kiss me back at first but then she started to after a minute. I pushed closer to her and kissed her harder. I've stared at these lips and teased myself enough. Danielle pushed on my chest and I stopped kissing her.

"I can't kiss you anymore." Danielle tried to catch her breath.

"Why not?" I asked curiously.

"We aren't together and we barely know each other." Danielle had a sad look on her face.

"Well I know that you know a lot about me. Let me get to know you." I sat back and started eating again.

"Yeah, I'd like that." she smiled.

"Can I take you on a date?" I asked and offered a bite of my ice cream.

"How romantic, yes," She said sarcastically and then took the bite off my spoon.

"Great!"

* * *

Danielle

My doctor came into my room and told me I could leave today. He unhooked me from the machines and then let me get dressed. I threw on my Carter Reynolds t-shirt. I had Taylor turn around so I could change my bottoms. After that, we walked out of the room. He grabbed my hand and then smiled at me.