Chapter 6: Have we met before?

6. Have we met before?

A girl approached me and I don’t really know her but she looked so familiar. “Yeah, I am.” I replied.

“I’m Terry. I actually graduated from Burgstone High. It is also here in the university just at the second street at the back of the field.” She introduced.

“Oh it is nice to meet you. I’m Raine. Raine Erik.” I replied.

“Have we met?” Terry asked and held my left hand.

“No. I don’t think so.” I answered and I took my hand back.

“Here’s a free ticket for tonight’s Orientation.” She gave me the ticket. “If you need a tour guide I can tour you.” She offered.

“Oh, thank you but I already have someone who could be my tour guide for today, actually.” I declined.

“Oh, sorry.” She said.

“No, no. It’s okay maybe you could meet me tonight at the orientation.” I hate it when people feel bad about my decisions.

“Really? Okay. Have a good day then. I think you’re in hurry or something.” She said.

“Yeah, I guess. Well thank you Terry. Pretty braids, too” I touched her black braided hair.

“Thanks! See you later.” She said.

I quickly went for the doors. I saw the Bakers right on the front of the Dorm. I saw Drew outside of it waiting for me. He is adorable with his slacks and body fit long sleeves. He’s wearing cool sunglasses, a good protection from the sun. I saw him saw me. He waved his hands and I crossed the streets to meet him.

“What took you so long?” Drew asked.

“Nothing, just some girl talked to me.” I said.

“Shall we go inside now?”

“Yes.”

We went inside the Diner and the place was cool. It’s just so simple. A fifty’s Diner with sets of tables of fast foods.

“So, what’s up with your brother actually?” I asked.

“Are we really gonna talk about Lance?” Drew said.

“I met him before.”

“I know, we both like cars but he is this sort of Rebel to our family.”

“Why’s that?”

He’s not answering my question. He looked at the menu and started looking for something to eat. Then, a minute later a waitress came.

“Can I take your order?” The waitress said.

“Sure, can we both have two Greek salad and Grilled Chicken?” Drew ordered.

“Yeah and pineapple juice for me.” I ordered.

“Make it two.” Drew said.

The waitress wrote down all our orders on her cell phone-like device. “Your orders will be here in a few minutes.”

“Thanks.” Drew and I said at the same time.

The waitress left to gather more orders from other costumers.

“So, are you coming at the orientation tonight?” I asked.

“Of course the matriculations, it happens every year.” He said.

I looked at the window and saw a white Lamborghini stopped at the front of the Diner. An usher went out of the Lamborghini and opened a door. A thin tan-skinned girl with long permed blond went out. She looked so wealthy just with her outfit; I like her dress, too.