Chapter 7: First Day

7. First day

Drew and I walked and talked about funny stuff. He’s a joker, too. I really started to feel comfortable with him.

“What time is it?” I asked Drew.

“Uh.” He looked at his watch. “It’s already Six P.M.” He said.

“Oh, don’t you think it’s about to begin?” I asked.

“You mean the event?” he replied.

“Yeah.” I said. A big explosion erupted, a beautiful firecracker flew out to the sky and exploded. “Wow.” I expressed.

“Cool huh?” He said.

“Of course.” I replied,

People started to gather to the field and queued up to the entrance. Drew held my hand and we walked to also fall in line. Music started to play, too.

“I’m definitely gonna crack out today.” Drew said.

“What? Why? I know you have something to do important with Lucas today. It’s just you came with me.” I said.

“No, no. I invited you and it’s all about me.” He looked at me. “And, you.”

It is not that I’m speechless but I really wanted him to do something sweet and remarkable.

“Hey.” A female’s voice came from behind.

I turned back. It is Terry. I almost forgot about her and about our plan for tonight.

“Hey.” I replied back.

“Let’s go?” She asked.

I glanced at Drew for a second and Terry grabbed my hand. Terry started to pull me away.

“See you later.” Drew said with a hand salute sign.

I turned back on our way with Terry, still holding my hand.

“Hey, so what’s up?” I asked while we’re entering through the crowd.

“We need to go at the front. Near the stage I mean.” Terry yelled. She needs to make her voice loud because of the loud music.

“The show is about to start.” Terry said.

We passed through the entrance with the ushers ripped our tickets and made it to the front sit. Suddenly, the music stopped and all the lights around the stage and the whole field went out. Everything is in silence. The whole place is dark and only the buildings around the field have light. A video in an entirely huge screen just played, it’s about the University, blah, blah, blah… The hosts gave freebies and some stuff. Terry and I had fun. I checked my phone if there’s some messages but none.

Terry and I decided to go back to the dorm.

“Hey. Thanks.” Terry said.

“Yeah. Thanks, too,” I replied back and I immediately went to my room. Harper is already sleeping. Its sucks I couldn’t even get to talk to her about what happened today. So before I went to bed, I tidy things up. I took a shower and checked my schedule. I got meteorology and history for today.

I felt exhausted and I wanted to sleep.

                                       ○○○

The next day in Meteorology class I saw Terry. I walked toward her.

“Hey.” I said.

“Who are you?” Terry said. She’s acting I know.