Chapter 8: Astronomy Disaster

8. Astronomy Disaster

My blood rushed into my veins and my heart is pounding as I lay on my bed. My eyes are wide open and I can only see the shadow of the window. I couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking what happened to the house a week before I left here. After what Lucas told me at the Library I kept thinking about the Occultum Aureus thing. What is it? My nanny talked about it, too. I decided to stand up and learn more about it.

I opened my laptop. I got trouble with the internet connection even though the whole building was in wifi it took me several minutes to connect. When I got a chance to connect I searched for ‘aliens in Dermont.

Some links had appeared. I decided to click a site showed that a ten year old girl was abducted for a year. It also stated that after the girl was abducted she just appeared at the front of the Burgstone Manor at the back of the University.

Burgstone Manor? I scrolled down the page to read more. It says that the Burgstones did not file any comments from the incident and The University Burgstone is specialized on tutoring students in Astronomy, cosmology and meteorology but didn’t quite release explanations toward this event.

Who is that girl? Was it is Heidi? She might the abducted girl. I better go talk to her.

When I stood up I felt dizzy, the world around me is spinning. I reached for my bed to lie. I fell asleep.

I dreamed. I was walking with Mom I’m twelve years old and we’re sitting at the suburbs waiting.

“Mom, why are here in the suburbs?” I asked. I was checking out the girls playing jumping ropes.

My Mom’s quiet. I looked at her and she was not her. She’s me in my present days.

“Why are you with me?” I asked. I’m trembling and scared.

“Because, I am you.” She said. She’s not looking at me. “Someday you and I will meet and be separated.” She explained.

“I don’t understand.” I started to cry. I really feel scared just like a twelve year old.

I woke up. Harper’s waking me up.

“Hey,” Harper said.

I stood up.

“What happened?” Harper asked me.

“It’s just so weird, everything around me seems to have change.” I said to Harper.

“Is that an Etta James song?” Harper asked.

“What? Stop it!” I said.

“Oh, sorry.” She replied. “So what’s up?”

I told her the static sound at home, the people around seems to know me and Lucas’ story about the Aliens and the Occultum Aureus. I didn’t tell her about my dreams it just feels like not telling it.

                            ○○○

I attended the Astronomy class. I thought it is my chance to talk to Heidi but she didn’t attend.

“I am Professor Olivia Presto and I would like you to know that I am very kind and loving professor. I can help you in such many ways.” The professor said. She looked so professional with her in-trend outfit and permed hair. I definitely am going to like her. She introduced what we’re lessons are gonna be and how we will have passing grades.

After an hour the bell rang and everybody left. I feel so slow and tired so I decided to go out late.

“Hey.” Professor Presto said.