14 | Forest

A/N: i has emerged from my hiding

I HOPE Y'ALL WILL ENJOY THIS CHAPTER WHICH I PERSONALLY LOVED WRITING

♣   ♣   ♣

Surprised, I turn to the direction I heard his voice. It couldn't be...

"Tae?" My voice came out as a whisper. I quickly look away and dry my tears with the sleeves of my hoodie. Out of all times, he had to be here now?! Goddammit, Taehyung.

"What are you doing here? It's past midnight. It's dangerous for you to be here all alone," he scolds me as he walks closer.

"I could say the same to you too," I retort, looking at him with raised eyebrows. He rolls his eyes at my comeback, but he then sits down next to me with a sigh. "So.. what brings you here in the middle of the night, then?" I ask after a moment of silence.

"To think. And not to think," he says with a chuckle.

I snort before replying, "That makes sense, but at the same time it doesn't make sense at all."

"So, how was the movie? You're not scared?" he asks, nudging my arm. I playfully hit him with my fist.

"It was really good, too bad you missed out. It's not me you should be worried about though, I think Jin is scarred for life."

"Yeah, I wish I could have stayed. But my dad wanted me to accompany him again."

My heart sunk at his words. Why was he lying about Yuna? Of course he doesn't know that I know, but still; why wouldn't he tell me the truth?

"There'll be more movie nights like these, so don't worry. I think they even talked about doing something next weekend as well."

"I'll be there this time, no doubt."

"You're just too chicken to admit that you're actually too scared to watch horror movies," I tease, smirking at him. He arches one eyebrow at me.

"Me? Scared? Pfft, I bet you wouldn't even go into the forest alone," he retorts mockingly with a grin. I raise my eyebrow at him in a challenging manner.

"Oh really? Watch me." Is all I say as I sprint into the forest before he could react.

"Blue!! I was just kidding! Come back, goddammit!" I hear Taehyung shout in a distance. I chuckle to myself as I keep running deeper into the forest, not really thinking about where I was heading. Soon enough I felt how my legs were getting heavier, so I eventually had to stop in order to catch my breath. However when I look around me, I suddenly become aware of that I can't really see anything. I was completely surrounded by darkness and cold air.

Shit, I should've watched where I was running.

I turn around and start walking back the way I came from -- at least the way I think I came from. I wasn't particularly scared, though I still felt a slight unease towards these eerie surroundings. Quickly, however, my heartbeat picks up its pace when I hear a stick break from somewhere behind me. A gasp escapes my lips and without thinking twice I charge to the opposite direction to where I heard the sudden noise. The sound of rustling leaves and another pair of feet hitting the ground behind me got closer. I engage full-on panic mode and start running even faster. Tears almost well up in my eyes as I blindly navigate myself through the neverending forest.