20 | Nightmare

Please read the author's note in the end of this chapter!
Now, enjoy the new chapter that turned out wayy longer than I had originally planned xD
(But I guess that makes up for not updating for a month..)

♣   ♣   ♣

The first thing that struck me when I slowly started waking up, was that it was incredibly warm. The second thing: I was completely entangled in Taehyung's embrace, and it was practically impossible for me to escape his cuddle-trap. But did I want to escape? Hell no. My lips immediately curve up into a smile as I snuggle closer to him, before allowing myself to just enjoy this incredibly heartwarming moment for five more minutes.

Taehyung and I had slept next to each other the entire night. I almost thought that I had been dreaming, but to the greatest relief I've ever felt, I was still wrapped up protectively in his arms. His calm and steady breathing tickled me as he was snuggled close to me, his face buried into my neck. I honestly couldn't ask for a better way to wake up in the morning, and now I will probably feel sad to wake up in an empty bed again after this. I want to cherish this moment forever.

But my stomach thought otherwise.

It suddenly decided to let out an embarrassing growl, indicating that it was empty and needed breakfast. Great, way to ruin the moment, stupid stomach...

Shortly after, a raspy chuckle was heard from behind me as I feel Taehyung's arms squeeze me gently before feeling him snuggle closer to me.

"Good morning to you too," he mumbles huskily with amusement in his abnormally deep morning voice. When you thought his voice couldn't get any more sexy than it already was... Holy macaroni, my whole body shivered with affection to this new experience that was equal to an eargasm.

"Morning, are you feeling better?" I mumble, twisting my body slightly to face him. His closed eyelids flutter open when he senses me shifting, revealing his captivating dark-brown eyes. The corner of his lips twitch upward slightly when our eyes meet, before allowing himself to flash me a small smile before closing his eyes again.

"I've never felt better in my life," he finally responds with a sigh. My smile grows even wider as I snuggle back into our original position and close my eyes as well.

"I'm glad you are."

Then we just lay like this for a while in complete, comfortable silence. But this time, the silence is interrupted by Tae's growling stomach. I giggle in amusement, while he groans behind me.

"Shall I go make us some breakfast?" I suggest with a chuckle. When I feel him nod beside me, I slowly try to get up, but his arms wouldn't let me leave. "Uhm, you have to let me go if you want food."

This time he responds with tightening his grip around me while shaking his head, tickling my neck in the process. I laugh at the sensation and sigh hopelessly.

"Come on, let me go or else we both will starve to death."

Taehyung lets out a sad sigh before finally releasing me. I slowly get up and sit on the edge of the bed, stretching lightly before standing up.

"Just keep resting, I'll bring the breakfast here when it's done. Anything in particular you want to eat?" I ask him while eyeing him in his almost sleeping state.

"Pancakes," he responds almost immediately. This boy really do love his pancakes.

"Pancakes it is. I'll be back soon," I reassure him before leaving the room. But before going down to the kitchen, I make a quick visit to the bathroom where I brush through my hair and rinse my face with water. When downstairs, I notice that it's almost eleven. Shit, I didn't check my phone, Areum probably wonders where the hell I am. But I was too hungry to think about that, so I just immediately started preparing breakfast for us.